Nitrox for older divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As I posted how we use what is between our ears has more bearing on DCS prevention then any mix we breath.
Given our brain is what looks at the mix, the depth and the time, I'd think that was a given.
ETA: Given our brain is what looks at the computer doing the math and then makes judgements.

For a given dive Nitrox reduces the N2.
- If it was a 20 minute dive at 10', that likely made no difference.
- If it was 50 minutes at 60', that likely made a difference.

Given our brain is what looks at the mix, the depth and the time, I'd think that was a given.

For a given dive Nitrox reduces the N2. If it was a 20 minute dive at 10', that likely made no difference. If it was 50 minutes at 60', that likely made a difference.

Unless your mixing your own someone else looks at the mix you just give it a 2nd look, likely after calibrating a gage that is usually the LDS's, with a tank of 21% that is probably also the LDS's. So is it really 21%? Trust them.

During the dive our computer tells us how deep we went, warns us if we go too deep for the mix, or stay too long, we depend on it to show us how long we've been diving, when to come up and how long to stay at 15'. You call that using your brain? OK maybe these days it is.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom