Nitrox class/training in Maui

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stbg1951

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
My family will be in Maui next July for two weeks. I'm looking to get Nitrox certified and have found a wide range of prices and types of classes (with open water dives, without, 100% online with no face to face). I'm looking for some suggestions on good training available. My nearest LDS is an hour and a half away so I think I'd rather do it while in Maui. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance!!!

The thing about Nitrox is that all the work happens before you get in the water.

It's all about planning -- doing the dives is only reaping the benefit of diving with an instructor and experiencing the longer NDL's.

Providing I'm still on-island, I'd be more than willing to work with you and your family to go through this. It usually means a couple hours of academics after you've completed the self-study portion, then we'll go and analyse tank contents. If you want to go diving, we can -- in order to really see the benefits, however, it's going to make more sense to do a boat dive.

where are you staying?

Thanks Kris, I appreciate the offer.

Al, we're staying at the Marriott at Kaanapali.

We can't wait to get back in the water in Maui. The diving conditions here in the NE PA aren't quite the same.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom