Nitrox class question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Karl_in_Calif once bubbled...

I stated that someone is more likely to meet space aliens than to meet a non-tech diver ox toxing. To me, it seems that ox tox rescue is more appropriate for a Technical EANx course.

Spectre provided you with an example of a recreational oxtox.

There was also a women that died at Ginnie Springs in March of 2002. She dove EAN36 to a max depth of 102 ft (PPO2 1.44). Aside from the overhead (which is irrelevant), this dive (max depth of 102 ft, pp02 < 1.6) was within recreational limits, but I'm sure some will argue this.

The fact remains that it is possible to tox and die within recreational limits. Not wanting to scare divers is not a good reason to postpone teaching rescue skills.

(I was going to ask someone to quote this to make sure Karl saw it, but it would appear that I'm not on his ignore list... :mean: )

cornfed once bubbled...

Spectre provided you with an example of a recreational oxtox.

There was also a women that died at Ginnie Springs in March of 2002. She dove EAN36 to a max depth of 102 ft (PPO2 1.44). Aside from the overhead (which is irrelevant), this dive (max depth of 102 ft, pp02 < 1.6) was within recreational limits, but I'm sure some will argue this.

The fact remains that it is possible to tox and die within recreational limits. Not wanting to scare divers is not a good reason to postpone teaching rescue skills.

(I was going to ask someone to quote this to make sure Karl saw it, but it would appear that I'm not on his ignore list... :mean: )

We have numerous unconfirmed sightings of space aliens too, Corn-Fed.

That may be true, but the accident I'm talking about is documented.

It is possible to tox and die within recreational limits. Why are you trying so hard to fight this?

Ps You misspelled "shoo".

And for the cost of a 5 minute lesson, I'd be perfectly happy to learn how to protect myself from alien attack. Or should those lessons be reserved for the military? As they _should_ be the only ones being attacked by aliens.

:alien:

Spectre once bubbled...

And for the cost of a 5 minute lesson, I'd be perfectly happy to learn how to protect myself from alien attack. Or should those lessons be reserved for the military? As they _should_ be the only ones being attacked by aliens.

:alien:

Aliens are everywhere. Didn't you see Men In Black and Men In Black 2 ?

The Military are more concerned with fighting wars against each other. Aliens are smart enough to avoid that can of worms, unlike Pres George Bush Jr. and Sr.

This board is rather aptly named the "ScubaBoard". It is not named the "Political Debate Board"! As such, the regulators have the habit, and rightly so, of removing such comment!:nono:

BigJetDriver69 once bubbled...
This board is rather aptly named the "ScubaBoard". It is not named the "Political Debate Board"! As such, the regulators have the habit, and rightly so, of removing such comment!:nono:

The military divers have been lamenting the current situation in the middle east here on this board, ScubaBoard, for some time.

We have gotten onto the subject of whether the odds of ever seening a non-tech ox tox diver exceeds the odds of ever seeing space aliens.

So far, from the examples cited, its still too close to call.

I only wanted to point out that space aliens avoid the military, or seem too. Most of our reports about alien abductions are from civilians.

I only wanted to point out that space aliens avoid the military, or seem too. Most of our reports about alien abductions are from civilians.

No. The military just is smart enough to accept it, and move on to deal with it, instead of constantly debating their existance with the clueless.

Being a Canadian, what I think doesn't count.

But I love "W" Bush.

That moron, and waste of a public official he replaced is another story.

Just think, arguably the top-dog of the world, commanding the most powerful country that has ever existed in the history of mankind.....and here he is, jerking-off into some interns red dress.....

What an idiot. Nice example.

Anyways............look at the dork we have............Jean "Da man" Chretien. A public embarrasment to our country. A modern day defacto dictator. Retire or die, man. Your choice.

hehehe

Now back to SCUBA!!!!!

MHK:

LAL7176 has asked you at least 3 times to tell us all your version of ox-tox rescue. He did a fine job stating what he would do. You corrected him.and possibly what you say is correct, except if your mix is the same as HIS mix, sticking HIS mix BACK in his mouth would do just fine. You assume, as we all do, that he toxed because hos mix is was too hot. Evidently, from the few guys here, you can tox at a PO2 of 1.1ATA!!!!

I personally think that it's HIGHLY unlikey, infact I don't really believe them AKA I think they don't have the full story either. OR, it could just be a freak anomoly, which IS something I could believe.

So anyways, instead of telling us all that is wrong with OTHER organizations, please enlighten us with what you would do...Errrr what the correct way is.

You would be doing most here a very good service, as we all are here to learn. Evidently, from the ongoing debate here, we are all officially "Ready" to learn it.

(I learned it from somewhere, but I don't know where, but it wasn't in my basic Nitrox class)

As an aside, my personal feelings are, as far as reality goes, unless you catch a toxing diver almost right away, he's very well dead anyways, so it might just NOT matter what you do. You also would have to determine if, in fact he WAS toxing, and not having some other physical anomoly.

I don't know what the stats are on diving accidents at depth, but I'll bet 90% PLUS of all divers that have severe physical impairments (Tox, heart attack, stroke, fluid build up in lungs etc etc etc) are Dead regardless of what you do or don't do.

This is no means an argument for NOT teaching something, it's just the probable facts.

Spill it MHK :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom