Nitrox class question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Karl_in_Calif once bubbled...
cornfed once bubbled...
The course Phil's talking about isn't a basic Nitrox course. Comparing it to one is rather silly.

Youre actually rather silly Corn-Fed.

The topic is training that promotes more training.
Nothing silly about it, Karl. I'm well aware of what the topic is and the example he gave wasn't a very good one. I (politely I think) pointed that out.
Karl_in_Calif later bubbled...
cornfed once bubbled...
I was talking about the common recreational (OW, AOW, Rescue) progression.

... as were we all. How silly huh?
Explain to me how the class Phil took fits into the common recreational (OW, AOW, Rescue) progression.

Explain to me how it compares to the basic nitrox class offered by PADI, NAUI, etc. that we've been talking about.

Why dont you let him speak for himself?
WTF? Now I'm speaking for someone else?!

I dont know who else is interested in your ad hominems besides yourself.
Karl, "ad hominem" is not a noun.

DIR once bubbled...
DIR and GUE have the only high level of training in SCUBA..

Go away, troll.

I dont know who else is interested in your ad hominems besides yourself.
Here's a challenge for you: Try posting to a thread without using the phrase "ad hominem." I don't even think you really understand what it means, since the post from cornfed which provoked this wouldn't fit the description of ad hominem.

Soggy once bubbled...

Here's a challenge for you: Try posting to a thread without using the phrase "ad hominem."

Or just use it correctly!

Soggy once bubbled...

Here's a challenge for you: Try posting to a thread without using the phrase "ad hominem." I don't even think you really understand what it means, since the post from cornfed which provoked this wouldn't fit the description of ad hominem.

Well i see karl is still at it. I finally had enough of his BS and placed him on my ignore list where he belongs . He is the only person that has ever been placed on my ignore list. Life is good now :D

Soggy once bubbled...

In classic debates, where everyone present is not a child, you merely need to point out to the judge that the opponent presented an ad hominem, and that is sufficient to refute the fallacious emotional attack.

Try this: try posting without attacking others.

In classic debates, where everyone present is not a child, you merely need to point out to the judge that the opponent presented an ad hominem, and that is sufficient to refute the fallacious emotional attack.
You continue to hide behind the pretext that we're hurling childish insults but the truth is that you can't answer the questions we put infront of you. When I pointed out that Phil made a poor comparison (something which he later agreed with) you simply said that I was being silly and made a rather puerile insinuation that I didn't understand the discussion at hand. The only ad hominem comments here are yours, Karl.

Explain to me how saying, "In ... debates, where everyone present is not a child..." is not itself ad hominem?

If you're interested in having a serious debate then start by answering the questions you've been asked. You can start by addressing Soggy's comment. How was my original comment ad hominem in nature? How is anything that I've said fallacious?

You've had enough free drinks without playing, it's time to sit down and ante up.

People, I'm sure we can have a nice friendly discussion without requiring flame retardant clothing.

Please relax and take a step back...

Thanks!

Hey SubMariner,

It's getting chilly around here, eh?:) Which shop if any do you CD for?

Feel free to PM me. Thanks.

Colin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom