Nitrox Class Free w/small donation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Missdirected

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
StarDiver, in an effort to raise funds for the Kimber Thurman Recovery Fund, is offering to do a Nitrox class for a small donation. If you are intereted in getting certified, why not now? You can get your Nitrox cert and help out a fellow diver at the same time. Following are the details:

stardiver:
As someone who knew Kimber during her tenure in "waterless hell" I have decided to teach a Nitrox class with all proceeds going to Kimber's recovery support fund.

I would ask that, in addition to being a certified diver, anyone wishing to take this class do the following:
- make a donation (at least $100 would be fair, doncha think?) using Paypal or depositing directly into the fund that has been set up. Note it as from the nitrox class please.
- pay for their class materials (text, tables, etc) which I will provide at cost.
- pay for their certification cards.
- purchase their own gas.

Once we have a full class (or more! I will do 2 classes if need be!) we will set up a location for classroom sessions and dives. The plan is right now to teach a NAUI nitrox, but I can also teach SDI/TDI or YMCA. My class is challenging, fun, and I guarantee you'll get plenty of personal attention.

Date of choice is the weekend of July 14-16.

I'd like to have comittments ASAP so that we can work out the logistics. If you would like to attend, or if you have buddies who would like to attend, please PM me.

I know this amount will be a drop in the bucket towards expenses, but it's the best way I could think of to help. I've not taught in this area, having just moved from Ohio, so if anyone would like to check my credentials I will provide needed information.

http://www.scubaboard.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1974300

Back
Top Bottom