Nitrox Cert in Boston

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nitrox is also an easy one to knock out on day one of the trip. I would also check the prices wherever you are going on the trip. Do the academics beforehand or even while waiting at the airport or on the flights, then knock out the easy analyze/quick test during check-in at the dive shop

Thanks for all the replies everyone. I'll call around this coming week and try to set something up, worst case we can do it on vacation.

Do you guys think an oxygen analyzer is necessary to purchase for the trip or do you mostly use the dive shop's analyzer (which may or may not be correct)? I've also so far read about carbon monoxide being a concern too...

Thanks for all the replies everyone. I'll call around this coming week and try to set something up, worst case we can do it on vacation.

Do you guys think an oxygen analyzer is necessary to purchase for the trip or do you mostly use the dive shop's analyzer (which may or may not be correct)? I've also so far read about carbon monoxide being a concern too...

I had my own (needs a new O2 sensor now) i.prefered it because I liked it better but you do not need one as long your destination has one.

I had my own (needs a new O2 sensor now) i.prefered it because I liked it better but you do not need one as long your destination has one.

Ya can't fill tanks with nitrox without one, unless the LDS as a trained chimp with his own.

Nitrox is also an easy one to knock out on day one of the trip. I would also check the prices wherever you are going on the trip. Do the academics beforehand or even while waiting at the airport or on the flights, then knock out the easy analyze/quick test during check-in at the dive shop

@NTJB I agree. That's how I did it, sort of. Actually got the books when I checked in the day before my first dive day. Did a 2-tank Air dive in the morning the next day after reading the books the night before, did course in the afternoon with an instructor that the shop arranged, and dived with Nitrox the next day at no additional cost and for the rest of the trip at standard Nitrox upcharge. It was in Cozumel, and the cost was $159 complete. I don't know where you are going on your trip, but I'm confident that at most dive destinations a similar option is available.

Cheers - M²

I don't even understand why any dives are necessary? It's all theory and some tables.

Most of the time the dive op supplying the Nitrox has analyzers available so no it's not necessary.

I don't even understand why any dives are necessary? It's all theory and some tables.
In fact the dives are not mandatory to get Nitrox certified. Only the theory and practice (analyzing 2 tanks).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom