Nitrox bands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oxyhacker:
Or maybe this. I like the notion of putting enough serious info on it that it can qualify as a "real" sticker or band.

I think it would be better if the sticker said "Mystery Gas" in large letters followed
by the small letter disclaimer and advice to read the contents label.

For recreational "nitrox" I use dedicated tanks, lime green in color, no stickers.

sharpenu:
The tank is oxygen clean, not just Nitrox. The LDS does not bank, they blend.

It was a brand new PST E7-100. I bought one from Scuba toys and one from the LDS.

They took the valve off, looked in it, and then put the stickers on it. Total time from the purchase to leaving the store with a full tank: less than 30 minutes.

we carry and sell pst e7 tanks and we always o2 clean them-too many times found that right out of the box they needed it,even if the manufacturer claimed they were o2 ready..take no chances..and yes we require the decal wrap for fills,keeps liability down(standard of pratice in the industry to use it..)can cause problems if someone not authorized to use nitrox used it and there were no bands..lawyers would have a field day ..

oly5050user:
we carry and sell pst e7 tanks and we always o2 clean them-too many times found that right out of the box they needed it,even if the manufacturer claimed they were o2 ready..take no chances..and yes we require the decal wrap for fills,keeps liability down(standard of pratice in the industry to use it..)can cause problems if someone not authorized to use nitrox used it and there were no bands..lawyers would have a field day ..
Why would the lawyers have a field day if this hypothetical diver steals my tank? I can see the need to mark rental tanks. But anyone who steals my tank probably got what he deserved.

Every diver should be taught to analyze every tank, every time.

StSomewhere:
Why would the lawyers have a field day if this hypothetical diver steals my tank? I can see the need to mark rental tanks. But anyone who steals my tank probably got what he deserved.

Every diver should be taught to analyze every tank, every time.
who said he stole it?? maybe grab wrong one on boat/took a rental that was improperly marked?? Remember you can be sued for anything..even if you are totally not at fault..lawyers sometimes do a shotgun effect,sued everyone around where a incident occurred and sort it out in court and through their discovery period.. not every diver would analyze their tank-why should they if they are only diving air and the tank is unmarked..Big decal cannot be missed,even by newbies..

oly5050user:

If then, how can you sure that your shop's o2 clean is a right one?
How can you guarantee that other LDSs should honor your shop's O2 clean service?

reefraff:
What made you decide that they needed cleaning?
found dirt and grease on threads and metal shavings in tank

hoosier:
If then, how can you sure that your shop's o2 clean is a right one?
How can you guarantee that other LDSs should honor your shop's O2 clean service?
we are a 5 star padi and andi facility..techs are trained to their standards..I really don't care if another facility refused to fill it-their problem..we use a bank of 50/50 for most fills and our air is hydrocarbon free..not too many other places can claim that..plain grade e air is not the best way to go,it still has hydrocarbons in it..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom