Nitrox bands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If wrap one must, here's my favorite - two rows of yellow duct tape and a marker pen! And I heard a story of a guy who when the shop refused to fill his tanks unless he bought wraps for $10 each went next door to the hardware store, bought some yellow self-stick shelf paper, and made his own.

I suppose if the shop wants to be fussy, they might insist on a green marker...

MikeFerrara:
My goodness man what do you mean that it doesn't tell you naything of value?!! It tells you that there may be a hyperoxic mix in the tank...or that there might not be but maybe. It definately says that there's a VERY good chance that there's is some gas in the tank that's breathable at some depth so you know that it PROBABLY isn't argon or something. And lastly but not leastly it tells the whole world that, in fact and without a shadow of a doubt without the need for further analysis that you paid $10 or so for a sticker that says that there's a pretty good chance that you have (or had)some sort of gas which is (or was) breathable at some depth in that tank.

Now why aren't those who require these things feeling really stupid?

haha, good one. This kind of arguement reminds me of the way that someone explained it to me... Putting a band that says "Nitrox" on a tank is like going to our pharmacist and picking up a bottle marked "PILLS" on it. That doesn't tell you what exactly is in the bottle, what strength the pills are, etc. Since where I live, as in many places, people will put air into bottles marked Nitrox, and Nitrox into bottles with no label, it has even less meaning. The O2 clean sticker is enough to show that the take is read for PP blending or nitrox above 40 percent, and the label, tape, board, however you do it, is the peice that has the important info....

oxyhacker:
If wrap one must, here's my favorite - two rows of yellow duct tape and a marker pen! And I heard a story of a guy who when the shop refused to fill his tanks unless he bought wraps for $10 each went next door to the hardware store, bought some yellow self-stick shelf paper, and made his own.

I suppose if the shop wants to be fussy, they might insist on a green marker...

LOL~~~~ It is an brilliant counterblow..... :D Just in case you really need the band, you can get the band at about $4~$5 piece from Diveriteexpress or LP..... Even, GUE (or Halcyon) charges about $10 for the "MOD" sticker on the deco bottles. You can get the same one at $2 at most office supply stores.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom