Nitrox analyzer do I need one and what kind?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In that case, I will purchase a CO analyzer first before a nitrox analyzer. Rather be safe than dead based on reports from divers getting CO poisoning in Mexico.

newbie question.

I'm actually going to my nitrox class tonight and I've had a question in regards to this. My GF is already cert for nitrox and when her tanks have been filled her or myself have tested or watched as the person at the dive shop tests the gas. That's all great and fine when using our own tanks, however what about when you're on vacation. For example, I'm heading to Key West in a couple weeks and rather than bring my own tanks I'm just going to use the dive shop's tanks when I dive. IF they don't have an analyzer on board, and we're diving a shallowish reef (say 40-50' max) should I be making a stink about not being able to test the gas?

Always check your tanks, or at least watch while they are checked. Every dive op I've used has some routine for analyzing tanks that works, they will tell yo,u and if they don't ask. Maybe they will have an analyzer on the boat. Or, often for a day boat they will have the analyzer by the tank fill area to use - sometime before the tanks get loaded on the boat you check your tanks and mark them with your name, %, etc. This works fine, and has the advantage of insuring people don't wind up on the boat with a surprise tank, and avoids many people wanting to check tanks in a short time, in a place with a higher chance of getting the analyzer wet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom