Nitrox analyzer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

An LPI adapter for the analyzer is certainly nice.
This reminded me I've been meaning to get one. I hate 2nd guessing the flow and both of my analyzers will vary readings depending on the flow.

Just ordered for $30. Man will that put my mind at ease. Will fit perfect in the little travel case that I have for the analyzer (even though I don't really travel, lol)

OK, now I have another question which the moderators may move to a different thread. Are any of the O2 analyzers waterproof? What happens if you take them onboard and they fall overboard into the ocean? Or your divemaster, in an effort to provide excellent service, takes all of your stuff and jams them into your dive bag and dumps the entire bag into a rinse tank? Or after you have been diving at one shop where you rinsed and dried your stuff so you would make weight getting on the airplane and then took a taxi back to your hotel, the taxi driver, without saying anything, immediately takes everything out of the trunk and runs off and dumps everything in the rinse tank at the hotel? What would happen to the O2 analyzer in those situations?

OK, now I have another question which the moderators may move to a different thread. Are any of the O2 analyzers waterproof? What happens if you take them onboard and they fall overboard into the ocean? Or your divemaster, in an effort to provide excellent service, takes all of your stuff and jams them into your dive bag and dumps the entire bag into a rinse tank? Or after you have been diving at one shop where you rinsed and dried your stuff so you would make weight getting on the airplane and then took a taxi back to your hotel, the taxi driver, without saying anything, immediately takes everything out of the trunk and runs off and dumps everything in the rinse tank at the hotel? What would happen to the O2 analyzer in those situations?

I keep mine in a dry box. I also rinse my own equipment.

They're not usually waterproof. Most people use a dry bag for their phone, wallet, towel, jacket, and the analyzer would fit right in. That said, I've never had a DM try to dunk my bag.

They're not usually waterproof.

Do you know of any that are? (I don't)

That would be pretty awesome though.. I can't see how it could be done. If air can get to the sensor so can water.

They're not usually waterproof. Most people use a dry bag for their phone, wallet, towel, jacket, and the analyzer would fit right in. That said, I've never had a DM try to dunk my bag.

I don't like a dry bag for things that can break if somebody steps on them or if heavy loads placed on them. Analyzer is much safer in a pelican box so are my dive computers and anything else that is expensive, critical and can break if heavy load is placed on them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom