Nitek X

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Azotino

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Nitek X..this desired computer after years and years of development, but:
Reset himself before the dive, all your settings are gone.
Turn off....how many problems have this $1600 computer??????

Azotino,

Thanks for posting. You have one of our BETA computers and yes, there are some things that have been worked out during the beta testing process. The issue is with the battery - you are getting some battery bounce in that it is not connecting because your battery cap isn't tight enough.

You need to make sure the cap is on tight. Or you can contact your dealer and get a new battery cap and tool that alleviates any doubt.

Best,
Kathleen

Sorry Kathleen, the computer is new a couple of dives bought a month ago..and still in beta???
I was thinking after all these years the computer it was ready to go...
I need to contact the dealer and order a new battery cap and tool???? So, this is a kind a recall??Defective cap???
Thank you

Kathleen and Azotino

I have an X with a total of 5 dives on it and 4 out of 5 times I have had the exact same problem. The computer resets as soon as I hit the water and all data, including vital gas data, is lost before the dive can even begin! I expected a lot from this computer when I bought it. Good to hear the fix is a simple one and even better, I'll be at Gilboa this weekend with my X for your Tech Days so I would love to have someone there fix it for me.

Sorry Kathleen, the computer is new a couple of dives bought a month ago..and still in beta???
I was thinking after all these years the computer it was ready to go...
I need to contact the dealer and order a new battery cap and tool???? So, this is a kind a recall??Defective cap???
Thank you

Hi again,

yes, you have a beta model. We sold 100 test units to those shops who were interested in being a part of the test process. These units are in working order, however it was discovered as part of this beta test that participants were not tightening the battery cap enough, thus causing the disconnect with the battery. All that is required is a new cap and the tool, if you wish.

Otherwise, make sure you use pliers or similar to get a really tight connection with the one you have.

Sorry that you weren't aware that you bought a beta. I am sure your shop will be able to help you.

Let me know if I can help further,
Kathleen

Kathleen and Azotino

I have an X with a total of 5 dives on it and 4 out of 5 times I have had the exact same problem. The computer resets as soon as I hit the water and all data, including vital gas data, is lost before the dive can even begin! I expected a lot from this computer when I bought it. Good to hear the fix is a simple one and even better, I'll be at Gilboa this weekend with my X for your Tech Days so I would love to have someone there fix it for me.

Sounds good. I will let Pete Nawrocky, our National Field Manager, know you'll be there.

Best,
Kathleen

Hi Kathleen
Thanks for the reply and the lin k to Lamar's blog...but actually it looks like I have a production model, not a Beta because my unit has the new cap that Lamar describes. No coin needed to tighten. Also when I recieved my unit the battery was not installed, it was loose in the white Dive Rite box (someone at the dive shop may have played with it before I got my hands on it). I'll make sure I seek out Pete this weekend. Thanks again

Steve

Hi Kathleen
I was able to link up with Pete last week and he replaced the cap and spring as well as giving me a tool to get everything going. I did have a production model, but it looks like the new parts did the trick. I was able to get in a couple dives this week and no problems with the unit shutting down. Can't wait to do some deeper diving with it. Thanks for your help!

Steve

Hi Kathleen
I was able to link up with Pete last week and he replaced the cap and spring as well as giving me a tool to get everything going. I did have a production model, but it looks like the new parts did the trick. I was able to get in a couple dives this week and no problems with the unit shutting down. Can't wait to do some deeper diving with it. Thanks for your help!

Steve

Hi Steve,

That's great news. Pete told me you guys had connected. I am glad all is well and the X diving well.

Thanks for the follow up post,
Kathleen

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom