Nitek X Download Cable

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivingCRNA

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone know when the "optional USB download cable" for the Nitek X is going to be available?

I like the computer, but would like to be able to download the data to a logging program.

Thanks!

Hi,

Thanks for posting. I've just checked and we anticipate having these in-house mid-September. I know Lamar has been playing with his demo dongle and likes it. So we're just waiting on full production run to arrive.

I'll post as soon as they arrive,
Kathleen

How much data will be downloadable? I was disappointed that the Nitek X does not show average depth or temperatures in the log function, like my backup computer-a nitek duo- does.

Thanks for posting. I've just checked and we anticipate having these in-house mid-September. I know Lamar has been playing with his demo dongle and likes it. So we're just waiting on full production run to arrive.

September of 2010, 11, 12????

Hi,

I'll post as soon as they arrive,
Kathleen

Hi!

Well, is the cable in house? It is now mid-OCTOBER.... :shocked2:

I took a look at the Workbench software that works with the cable. What exactly gets downloaded from the computer? Please tell me I can download more than serial #, Dive Date, Max depth and Dive time. That is all that shows up on the downloaded Workbench log function. Temperature, average depth, profile info would all be great.

Thanks,

Don

Hello Don,

Workbench will not download average depth and temperature. Those are shown on the NiTek X during the dive, but not via the software logbook. Additionally, what Workbench does is generate dive tables and is useful in decompression planning and mixed gas fills.

Workbench also allows users to program gases and other features (date/time, conservatism, alarms, etc) usually accessed under the “SET” menu on the dive computer, eliminating the need to push buttons on the NiTek X to set menu selections.

I'll forward your comments about average depth and temp to our designers for review next software update.

Thanks,
Kathleen

Hello Don,

Workbench will not download average depth and temperature. Those are shown on the NiTek X during the dive, but not via the software logbook. Additionally, what Workbench does is generate dive tables and is useful in decompression planning and mixed gas fills.

Workbench also allows users to program gases and other features (date/time, conservatism, alarms, etc) usually accessed under the “SET” menu on the dive computer, eliminating the need to push buttons on the NiTek X to set menu selections.

I'll forward your comments about average depth and temp to our designers for review next software update.

Thanks,
Kathleen

Average depth and temp are not shown after the dive in the log function on the computer, either. Average depth is nice to have if one is calculating SAC rates. I carry my Nitek Duo as a back-up and I guess that I am glad I do. This "less advanced" computer stores the average depth, time in and out, length of dive, and temperature. The Duo also lets me scroll through depths at time intervals.

I have to say that I am really disappointed that the cable is $250 and it only does what you can do the with the buttons. I would say most people inclined to use this computer should have the intelligence to use the buttons to program gasses. I figured it out without reading the manual. It does assist in seamless table generation and gas planning, though.

The cool part is that you can cut your tables and plan gasses using the software and it goes seamlessly with your computer.

Is there other software that will download this data, or is this all on Nitek's end? Do I just need to buy a Sensus data recorder to get what I want for logging data?

Thank you for your time.

Last edited:
The work bench is pretty cool. Average depth and temp would be nice. I am still playing with the dive planner software. I love the tables functions and dive planning based on the same algorithm as the computer uses, down to gradient factor. I also really like the gas planning section.

The log section needs some tweaking, but it is a pretty slick system.

Don

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom