Ningaloo Reef - coral bay or exmouth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MA

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,

I'm finally planning a trip over to Ningaloo for late May. Any tips on the below would be much appreciated. In planning the trip most important is whale shark but if i could time it to perhaps see manta's too that would be great.

I'll have the last 2 weeks of May to play with and thinking of 10 days diving etc.

1. Coral Bay or Exmouth or both?
- if both how should i time it to try and get in both whale shark and mantas.

2. Which dive operator would you recommend?

3. Accommodation? I'm likely to be travelling solo so somewhere friendly would be good

Anything else you can think of would be great! Thanks!!

MA

Late May is a great time to come to Ningaloo. I'd recommend basing your trip around Exmouth as there is a greater variety of diving available and much more to do after the day's diving is done. Apart from Ningaloo Reef, there's the Navy Pier, Muiron Islands and Exmouth Gulf. Diving choices are more limited in Coral Bay. You can always do a day trip down to Coral Bay from here as it is only about a 1.5 hour drive. My recommendation for a dive shop is Exmouth Dive Centre:

Exmouth Diving Centre

There is wide variety of accommodation available here ranging from low cost backpackers to the very plush Ningaloo Resort. There's a lot of information on Exmouth here on my web site:

Exmouth

Thanks Gudge sounds like Exmouth is the go! I had been looking at Exmouth Dive Centre so good to have a recommendation.

Cheers,

MA

Back
Top Bottom