Ningaloo 19 August, 2006 - more photos...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow Alcina those are astonishing captures!! What equipment (camera, lens and strobes) were you using?

Wow alcina, those are just terrific!

Thanks again!

There was so much action on these two dives I am still blown away by it all! There were cleaning stations everywhere you looked. I really really wanted a good shot of the coral trout getting cleaned, but they are pretty skittish and don't hang about. Unfortunately I wasn't ready for this scene when I came around the corner so he's too dark...but until I get a good shot, it'll do as an "I was there" photo :)

ctclnrdrk.jpg

Sorry, Mike - he caught us off guard and I had forgotten to bring the new little p&s anyway! Next time :)

I had another one that got away so thought I'd pop it up here, too. It is definitely an example of keep it just coz you were there! The white tips were cruising and actively hunting on the second dive. I saw this guy swim around a coral head and kind of angle towards me. I figured I'd give it a go (I have the 60mm on so he had to come close or nothing would help) so I hung out and waited. Sure enough, he rounded another bommie and came straight at me. I waited and waited as long as I could, then I saw a subtle shift in his body and snapped the shot just as he took a sharp left turn away from me and off into the distance. Had I been thinking maybe I would have tried multi burst mode, but I never remember things like that! I know it's soft and badly lit - but that's ok :) I was there!

sharkswim1.jpg

Simply wonderful, as usual, Alcina!

I am blown away by this set of photos alcina - more please!!!!! :)

alcina:
And of course there were lots and lots of nudibranchs around on both dive sites.

This Nembrotha kubaryana was huge! I wasn't going to take any shots of him the first time I saw him, but as I passed by a second time he had his little head up in the air doing some cute poses so I thought "why not, can never have too many nudibranch shots!"

Here's a quick one:
nk1.jpg

Amazing shot, reminds me of Halloween!! :14:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom