NiMH canister with 10 watt HID lighthead...

NiMH battery with 10 watt HID light

• Dive Rite

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Halcyon

Votes: 16 57.1%
  • Sartek

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • OMS

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LUBOLD8431

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Ok, i am asking for input, advice, comments, and other meanderings...

My question is this... it seems like I will be buying a new light before the start of this season, as I recently found out, that my good old PATCO light canister doesnt seem to be working as well as it used to (canister keeps flooding, and battery pack got destroyed by salt water). So, I want to know what are you guys finding with the new NiMH batteries and the 10 watt HID lightheads??? I know that is what i want to buy, i just dont know from whom yet...

Dive Rite???

Sartek???

Halcyon???

I would like to hear from anyone that owns any of these: problems that you have had, or great reviews, or any other info you can offer.... Thank you...

Stealth light NiMH canister - they've been reviewed extensively on this board elsewhere. They are paired with the lighthead of your choice - although Dan (the maker) is coming out with his own 10W lighthead soon.

There's been some negative feedback about the new design Halcyon 10W heads lately, so definitely shop around for a lighthead.

Scubaroo once bubbled...
There's been some negative feedback about the new design Halcyon 10W heads lately, so definitely shop around for a lighthead.

I too am getting ready to purchase the same type setup, but I'm not sure what to get. I thought the Sartek's looked pretty good but I'm interested in good customer service and I don't know enough about the company to make an educated decision.

boomx5 once bubbled...

I too am getting ready to purchase the same type setup, but I'm not sure what to get. I thought the Sartek's looked pretty good but I'm interested in good customer service and I don't know enough about the company to make an educated decision.

At least you know halcyon stands behind their product even if you have to pay shipping back to halcyon.But at least you know it will get fixed.....hopefully :D It may take two or times but it wil get fixed :mean:

I also have a Stealth light NiMH canister with the halcyon 10w HID light head. It’s great and gets my vote.
Mike

I'd say definitely the Stealth. Also ask Dan how his new lighthead is coming along. If its not ready you might want to get the halcyon one!

MR 11 head 6 degree, new small nimh canister. I dove with someone in Belize two weeks ago who was using that light head at night, it was impressive. (He was using a different battery.)

I think the list price is about $625 and you could probably get it for less. The Halcyon is $887 for a similar setup and some people have reported issues with their focusing lighthead.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom