NiMH canister with 10 watt HID lighthead...

NiMH battery with 10 watt HID light

• Dive Rite

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Halcyon

Votes: 16 57.1%
  • Sartek

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • OMS

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok, thanks Ben for the link to that thread... interesting reviews about the halcyon light... I think I will stay away. I do know of two people who have the SARTEK, and they love them... I might be swayed in that direction now...

Ok, I have never heard of the stealth canister that you guys are talking about... Where can you get one, who makes them, and where are they based???

Thanks...

Thanks for the link... Are people generally happy with these canisters???

Has anyone used it with a Dive Rite light head???

I have a new Halcyon 10W. So far so good...
Used to have a DiveRite MR11, that was nice too. Head to head comparison with the Halcyon -- Halcyon was brighter, but it had the advantage of being focsed. I like the idea of having a largish company behind the product, but enough price differential would give me pause. Picked mine up on ebay.

Just ordered a Sartek/Abysmal 10 watt HID NiMH from COVCI and can't wait !!! I emailed Sartek directly for info and got an E-mail answering all of my questions within 4 hours. COVCI has a good price on these lights.

Matt

I got stupid one day and while showing it off dropped the head and broke the reflector and bulb. Sent it off to dive rite and they replace it for free. Don't know if that is common practice but it made me feel good about the product.

At 425.00 new from local LDS it didn't kill me eithor!

Hallmac

I just picked up a Dive Rite Wreck1 w/ MR11 HID for $395.00!! I can't wait to try it out. Anyone have their Dive Rite mounted on their BP? If so what did you use to attach it there?

You must have a PATCO lead acid Canister. I know that with all canisters you must properly maintain the o-rings to prevent leeks. PATCO has a new line of NiMH Canisters with 10W HID lights. Sartek uses a Latch Top Acrylic Canister that will shatter upon impact. Dive Rite uses a injection molded, synthetic material. PATCO uses composite which is much more durable then any other canister on the market. Plus all Sartek and Dive Rite light systems have a switch on the canister, so you have to reach back to your tank to turn it on everytime. PATCO has the switch right on the handle. PATCO will also beat any price on dive light systems.:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom