Nighthawk & Ladyhawk BC's - A second tank strap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

neilg

Registered
Reaction score
Does SP have any type of conversion kit available for the KH and LH BCD's to accommodate a second strap mount, replacing the original single strap mount? I looked at different retailer websites and found kits for different/older BC's but not for the NH or LH. And yes I know the existing single strap is plenty enough but a recent diving incident made me believe it might be better to have 2 :) Thanks!

Not sure what you mean by single strap mount. Do you mean tank retainer band ?

Does SP have any type of conversion kit available for the KH and LH BCD's to accommodate a second strap mount, replacing the original single strap mount? I looked at different retailer websites and found kits for different/older BC's but not for the NH or LH. And yes I know the existing single strap is plenty enough but a recent diving incident made me believe it might be better to have 2 :) Thanks!

I have 630 dives on a Glide Plus than then a Knighthawk without even a single episode of a loose tank. This is probably the best tank cinch in the industry. Why would you want a 2nd strap?

Have to agree, SP could likely sell tons of them as upgrades to users of other brands of BC's. once it is adjusted right it works great and is issue free.

There is no conversion for a double tank retention system nor in R&D. We have had 100% satisfaction on the LH/KH with the single strap cinch assembly. Most divers who move up to heavier tanks and doubles tend to go to a wing, harness, and plate system like XTEK.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom