Pony tank thoughts/advice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will ask my question here instead of starting a new thread. I am getting a 19 cufoot pony rig from XS scuba. It comes with a tankmount but I am going to sling it like Marie13 referenced. By reading the previous thread on slung vs tankmount I am convinced slung is safer and that is the way to go for me.

My question is I have an Aqualung Pro HD jacket BC. There is no Left shoulder D ring. There is a Right shoulder D ring. It has D rings at the waist on both sides. I assume then my only option is to sling on Right. Is this correct?

Second question, would someone recommend a popular transfill whip? Keep in mind the rig I am getting has a DIN valve if that matters.

@lexvil Ok, dude you win the giant cajones award for diving a LP Steel (85?) as a pony! :D
The 85 is the shop tester and it offers inspiration to the little guys that they can grow up to be more useful.

My regular buddy slings on the right since he has a BC with the AL i3 inflator on the left. If you have to do it on the right, the scuba police won’t arrest you. :D

Just go to DGX or Piranha for the whip.

I looked at transfill whips at DGX and Piranha. I will be transferring from yoke valve tanks to DIN 19 cuft pony. They seem to be DIN to DIN or yoke to yoke. Do I need additional equipment?

I looked at transfill whips at DGX and Piranha. I will be transferring from yoke valve tanks to DIN 19 cuft pony. They seem to be DIN to DIN or yoke to yoke. Do I need additional equipment?
A simple adapter will suffice. DIN whip with a yoke adapter would be preferred.

Buy a DIN to DIN whip and use a Yoke-Din adapter for the yoke tanks.

ETA: Props to Bierstadt, he beat me to it ...

My question is I have an Aqualung Pro HD jacket BC. There is no Left shoulder D ring. There is a Right shoulder D ring. It has D rings at the waist on both sides. I assume then my only option is to sling on Right. Is this correct?
I don't know that BCD so I can't say for sure, but you might be able to attach a D-ring with some thing like these:

13626-8783.png

Removable Pin D-Ring Straight Version , Piranha Dive Shop |

-or-

Slip-On-Webbing-LONG-D-Ring-Bent-w-Teeth15414-12488.JPG

Slip-On Webbing LONG D-Ring

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom