Night Dive Splashdown Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BIGSAGE136

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I talked to Kevin today about a night dive! This is the deal. If we can get 6 people to sign up, he'll put it together. Right now the date is open. The only question is who's game?

I'm first! :dazzler1:

By the way, the strong possibility is the Captain Tony.

KBeck:
Shoot, I'm always game; I've been meaning to plan a Conch dive with them someday soon...maybe we can do a "Splashdown Weekend O' Dives"......!

Krista I love the way your mind works! :wink:

BIGSAGE136:
I talked to Kevin today about a night dive! If we can get 6 people to sign up, he'll put it together. Right now the date is open.

I'm all for conch diving again, had a great time last trip. I'll be in town for diving again in March, but don't know the dates yet. Hopefully I can make my dates match up. If so, count me in for two. Weekend dives as well.

Captain Tony at night... nice.

Jeff

Hey!This is gonna be GREAT!

Here's some info on the wreck for anyone interested:
The Captain Tony a.k.a. M/V Becks was sunk in 1996, in 85 feet of water where she sits upright with her bow to the South. Originally named the M/V Becks, this 167 foot long Dutch freighter was renamed the Captain Tony in memory of Captain Tony Townsend a local dive charter captain. There is an unbelievable amount of life on this wreck, especially at night. Macro photographers will go nuts, but even if you aren't set up for macro, bring your camera... there's plenty of big cool stuff too. Here's some daytime pics that Peter took:
111303692xs_gs.jpg

Bow of the Tony.

102404_1912x50s.jpg

The hurricanes really opened the superstructure up.

111303747xs_gs.jpg

The stern.​

nice

Depending on the night, I'm in!!

I'd be game for some day dives up there. I'll be around the weekend of March 19-20...I was going to post something later, but hey, after those pix...

kelpmermaid:
I'd be game for some day dives up there. I'll be around the weekend of March 19-20...I was going to post something later, but hey, after those pix...

I am off everyother weekend and that is the weekend I am off! - I know ya'll won't cater to my days but come on!

She's a MERMAID!

19th 19th 19th 19th 19th 19th 19th....

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom