Night dive at Vets Thursday anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverrex

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I haven't done a night dive recently. Thursday July 30 works well for me. Anyone else want to do a night dive then. Hopefully the surf will be down by then.

I may be interested. We've had some really great dives out there recently and if the surf is manageable and we can get in, it should be good. The vis has been crap in the shallows but down under the thermocline, it really opens up.

Where's "Vets" (I'm new here in SoCal) and what time are you thinking?

I was probably thinking something like meet between 7:30 - 8:00 and get in the water between 8:00 - 8:30, out about 50 minutes later. I'm flexible but coming from Pasadena after work it's probably hard for me to commit to getting there before 7. I'd say 7:30 works best for me. Nicole?

Vets is probably the most frequently dived night dive in So Cal. It's one place you could just arrive on most any night and find someone to dive with. Maybe 10 - 20 divers going out each night.

Something came up and I'm not going to be able to make it....sorry! Next time hopefully - unfortunately the rest of August is probably not going to work either :shakehead: :depressed:

Well I'm still not convinced that the surf will cooperate anyway and I hate running down there after work just to turn around so I guess it's another time. I was just hoping to get some night dives in while it's so hot. It seems like I do more night dives at Vets from Nov - Jan when you freeze changing out of a wetsuit (I dive wet all year), so I am hoping to start doing more summer dives there. Maybe August will work better.

Unfortunately for the wetsuit divers of socal, it seems that November through January has the best conditions, minus the colder topside weather...."luckily" for me, I get cold in 75F water in a wetsuit so I was pretty much forced to go dry.

Maybe September will be better and I can join you on a dive. I'll keep my fingers crossed for some warm weather, decent conditions dives in the near future for you, Rex!

rex, i might be interested for next wednesday, aug 5th. i start work next week around lax so the commute won't be so bad for me :)

Back
Top Bottom