Night Dive at Ft. Wetherill 7/16/2017

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Would you consider this to be a possibility for drysuits?

Until you get 100 dives on a drysuit - that is all you should dive. It takes about 20 dives to understand the suit. About 50 dives to hit some things that will make you wonder why you bought it... and up to 100 dives you will be a pro and cant believe you never dove without one... at least in the NE waters... :)

Ft W is a really easy dive. As close to a bathtub dive as you can get in the area visibility is not always great but most depths of 20- 50 fsw in are easy to get from shore, you can walk in from a sandy beach/ boat ramp and not worry about getting hammered regardless of the wind direction. there are ways it can get more challenging with depths beyond 100' and currents, but you pretty much have to be looking for it to get there.

I haven't been wearing gloves since June. My daughter wanted to use them and I found out I was fine without them. I will definitely put them on if I am going to climb over rocks on entry or exit, but otherwise, why bother? THEORETICALLY, you should not need to get hands all over things mid dive....

Things have been slow to warm up on Cape Ann.....last week still 46F even at relatively shallow depths below the thermocline. I know RI is always much warmer, but still amazing to see bare hands given how chilly things have been relatively close by :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom