Night Dive at Ft. Wetherill 7/16/2017

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So very different than during the day. I'm going to have to try this.

Last time I did a night dive there I shut my light off and was able to small bioluminescent flashing all around. Pretty cool. My son and I are planning a night dive there in the next month or so.

Nice - thanks for sharing. Wow, no gloves...things must have warmed up nicely down there :)
I haven't been wearing gloves since June. My daughter wanted to use them and I found out I was fine without them. I will definitely put them on if I am going to climb over rocks on entry or exit, but otherwise, why bother? THEORETICALLY, you should not need to get hands all over things mid dive....

Love the little squid, about how deep was this shore dive? So far we have only night dives in Florida, but this looks like a place we have to try.

Most of this dive was above 30fsw. The thermocline came way up as soon as it got dark. We were diving wet and it was bone chilling at 20 fsw at the end of the dive.

My daughter and I are still doing our dry suit course, and are looking for easy dives in which we won't overheat. Would you consider this to be a possibility for drysuits?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom