"nicer" jeep rental on coz?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yaml

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
i have rented from isis and less pay: both were fine and i'd highly recommend them; good prices, no "gotchas", honest folks; however on our trip back this sept. we would like to rent a little "nicer" jeep; this past may was a little rainy and our jeep windows wouldn't rollup and the rag top sagged and held around 10 gallons of water; so, we began every post dive excursion with a bath trying to get rid of the water and dry everything off (essentially washing the jeep every time we wanted to go somewhere was not on our agenda); so - does anyone know of a rental co. with "better" jeeps? i saw fiesta car rental but with their insurance package the daily cost pushes $84 (almost twice what we typically pay); does anyone know of a place on Rafael called "FRANKS"? seems like we would pass it (its on the water side) as we left town; their jeeps were lined up and looked pretty nice; any info would help; we are going to need at lest 2 jeeps and may need a 4 door so any help along those lines would be appreciated as well; thanks

Last year we got from Avis at the airport a newer generation Jeep Wrangler 4 door with the removable hard top. I have no idea what they go for as we rented a lesser car as part of a package deal with the hotel and they were out of those and upgraded us to the jeep. It was a nice jeep, had A/C and with the hard top on you could lock it up it you had anything you needed to leave in the car.

Good luck finding what you want

Rich

Just curious why you need a jeep on Cozumel? You can't 4x4 without voiding the rental agreement anyways.

Just curious why you need a jeep on Cozumel? You can't 4x4 without voiding the rental agreement anyways.

And the 4wd is often disconnected. But still Mike, jeep and beach seem to go together even if you don't need it.

I've rented from Freddy at Alamo (In town) and never had a bad experience. Good vehicles ( I think they were Suzuki) with AC and automatic trans. Never took it off road. They have minivans as well. Not cheap though.

Thrifty by the airport has Jeeps...unknown condition.

And the 4wd is often disconnected. But still Mike, jeep and beach seem to go together even if you don't need it.
And infamous for roll-overs. :eek:

So are half ton duellies but I didn't know that when I got into a skid, then had to crawl out the window.

Does it have to be a jeep? ISIS also has nice 4 door sedans with AC!

Back
Top Bottom