Nice Restaurant on Grand Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Northeastwrecks

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Hello:

I'm hoping for some recommendations on restaurants in or around 7 mile beach or the northern end of Grand Cayman.

My wife (Patience on the Board) and I are leaving Monday for a week on the island. We are staying at Cobalt Coast and will probably eat there most nights. However, we are hoping for a few nice restaurants.

We don't mind dressing for dinner. We like French, Italian and Continental cuisine, although we are easily enticed by ethnic food.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.:D

Easy. Roughly in order of distance from Cobalt Coast:

Cracked Conch (945-5217)is right up in West Bay. So is Ristorante Pappagallo (949-1119) which offer Italian "with a Caribbean flare."

Bella Capri (945-4755) is Italian fare and is in the 7MB area near Foster's at the Strand and the same building houses Gateway of India (946-2815).

Cafe Mediterraneo (949-8669) is in the Galleria Plaza in the 7MB area and obviously offers Mediterranean fare.

The Wharf (949-2231) offers excellent Caribbean fare. They are located at the south end of 7MB.

On into Georgetown on the waterfront you will find Casanova (949-7633) serving Italian.

And there's so much more. Enjoy your trip.

Northeastwrecks once bubbled...
Hello:

I'm hoping for some recommendations on restaurants in or around 7 mile beach or the northern end of Grand Cayman.
Any suggestions?

Thanks.:D

Not too far from Cobalt Coast is a place called something like "The Liberty". The couple of times I've been there it has a nice dinner buffet. They prepare turtle differently than other places I've had it (For those are questioning the turtle comment, Cayman has a turtle farm that they use not only for their release program, but also for restaurants.)

There are others we liked, but I'd have to review my vacation spreadsheets at home.

A question for Drew:
Did Cracked Conch survive the storm surge that damage the DiveTech dive shop?

wb

Drew Sailbum once bubbled...

Cafe Mediterraneo (949-8669) is in the Galleria Plaza in the 7MB area and obviously offers Mediterranean fare.

The Wharf (949-2231) offers excellent Caribbean fare. They are located at the south end of 7MB.
Have been to both of these and agree with Drew, both are nice places to eat.

Don't know if the Wharf is still doing this but they used to feed the kitchen scraps to Tarpon just off their bar dock. It's kinda cool if you can stay up that late.

cwb once bubbled...

They did last year... and those fish can flat-out scoot!
Yup! If you have never seen a feeding frenzy, it is definately worth a watch:D

My wife and I stayed at the Marriott on 7MB in May. We found a take out place just north of there called Chicken Chicken. It had the best rotisery lemon chicken that I have ever tasted. Wish I had some now!

Also, just down the road toward Georgetown was a place called Captain Hooks? It had outstanding Greek fare and seafood.

Enjoy your trip.

:bonk: Drew forgot to mention Calypso Grill, located at Morgan's Harbour, West Bay.

Don't miss it, especially if you are staying at Cobalt coast as it is just down the road. Great location overlooking the North Sound with nice cooling breezes. The food is also excellent and reasonably priced, especially for lunch.

For you info, CWB, the Cracked Conch did survive Hurricane Michelle, in fact they just celebrated the one year anniversary with a big party!!

Please don't eat turtle meat if you have a choice. Yes, I know that it is farm raised (I do live here) but you will simply be encouraging their slaughter and delaying the day when they may see fit to release all of the turtles into the wild instead of the 30 or so that have been released this year.
Sorry for the rant, enjoy your stay!

CJ's :(

All good choices... thought I'd add my fav place for a special night out. Pappagallos is an excellent restaurant located very close to where you're staying. Excellent food with an Italian slant. Great service and beautiful location. Ask to be seated in the "Bird Room"... a thatched roof room with beautiful birds in large outside enclosures with glass sides. It's kind of neat to have these huge birds watching you as you eat.
Enjoy!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom