Next step / possible training to pursue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ITT is for BM doubles. TDI Tech SM is essentially ITT for SM divers. At least that’s what I was told.

I don’t know why someone would do tech SM without including deco bottle handling as that really is the main difference between the non-tech SM class.

Maybe just do a session or two with instructor of your choice just to refine your diving? No card involved.

Yeah, that's the same thing I was basically told and he and the other tech instructor observed /taught me on my Solo course in side mount. I may have to look further into mentoring, however the instructors I would look too are booked pretty solid until at least winter and then our diving season is very unpredictable here.

I did all my tech classes I’ve done in sidemount AN/DP extended range and Trimix and while I’d imagine more difficult bottle handling than backmount would have been I feel my bottle handling skills got pretty good pretty quick.

GUE Fundamentals. Some instructors will go to you.

Fredericton region, I have folks in the area that are very good and hence very busy lol.

My friend's in Louisbourg, which appears to be a rather long haul. But if you want his contact info, let me know.

edited to add: hey buddy, hey buddy.

Well learned tech lite seems a good spot with useful capability without the full gear load of deeper tech. Light backgas or 50% deco seems useful. So tech sidemount and tech 40. Or a fundamentals classs.

Are you guys who are recommending Fundies volunteering to go up to the Great White North to haul his tanks around for him?
Other agencies have a fundamentals class, some in sidemount, like I believe RAID and IANTD.

ETA: Cavern for the skills is another option, though likely taught single back mount these days.

The OP dives SM due to a back injury. Are you guys who are recommending Fundies volunteering to go up to the Great White North to haul his tanks around for him?
:rofl3:

I dive primarily side mount due to a back injury/condition.

I would hope that recommendations would take the OP's physical condition into account. I know some people like to pound square pegs into round holes, but this isn't the time to do so.

Other agencies have a fundamentals class, some in sidemount, like I believe RAID and IANTD.

ETA: Cavern for the skills is another option, though likely taught single back mount these days.

Not aware of RAID in Canada however I do have an IANTD instructor here.

Back
Top Bottom