Newport Dive shop air fill cards not honored

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You're right A.D. Dive Shops are not money makers....My dive shop in town is a combo...Dive..Travel...real estate endevor

I was just at the dive shop for the second time this past Sunday. I spent about 45min talking with Hymie. The first i was there was just after finishing a dive at Kings Beach and wanted to check out the shop on the way out. Both times I was there he was exrtremely friendly and offered up a lot of local information about diving and anything else in the area.
from my experiences with him he is an excellent gentlemen and I wish him the best of luck. It circumstances in which he obtained the dive shop was unfortunate but I dont feel that he is responsible for the air fill cards sold by the previous owner. However, if you talk with him he may be willing to work with some of the customers who unfortunately purchased fill cards.
Just wanted to say that my time with him was good and he was very friendly and helpfull. I have no problem going back in and spending money there. To me he is a really good owner/diver...

I was just at the dive shop for the second time this past Sunday. I spent about 45min talking with Hymie. The first i was there was just after finishing a dive at Kings Beach and wanted to check out the shop on the way out. Both times I was there he was exrtremely friendly and offered up a lot of local information about diving and anything else in the area.
from my experiences with him he is an excellent gentlemen and I wish him the best of luck. It circumstances in which he obtained the dive shop was unfortunate but I dont feel that he is responsible for the air fill cards sold by the previous owner. However, if you talk with him he may be willing to work with some of the customers who unfortunately purchased fill cards.
Just wanted to say that my time with him was good and he was very friendly and helpfull. I have no problem going back in and spending money there. To me he is a really good owner/diver...

Extremely friendly? Maybe he was filling nitrous oxide tanks that day. Add me to the list of folks who got screwed over with the air fill situation. This guy had no compromise in mind.

Sent from my Google Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

someone might mention this thread to him. He might want to contribute to the conversation or at least be aware that he is killing his own reputation. Over 1900 people have looked at this thread. He certainly can learn a bit and make adjustments to his business if he knows there is this type of talk in his market.

---------- Post Merged at 07:50 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:48 AM ----------

I don't think divers in the area want him to fail. Everyone wants convient air in Newport, so a word to the wise may well be what is needed.

That's only because you're such a nice guy Mike. When are you guys coming back to RI?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom