Newport Dive shop air fill cards not honored

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RI is a small state, news travels fast. I heard from other divers this was going on and that the new owner is less than civil with the customers and people are going other dive shops. All third hand info so I didn't post anything. Darn shame, there are already too few LDS / air stations in RI. If I had the $$ I'd consider starting some kind of traveling air station taking the gas to the divers / dive sites and charging a premium for it.

RI is a small state, news travels fast. I heard from other divers this was going on and that the new owner is less than civil with the customers and people are going other dive shops. All third hand info so I didn't post anything. Darn shame, there are already too few LDS / air stations in RI. If I had the $$ I'd consider starting some kind of traveling air station taking the gas to the divers / dive sites and charging a premium for it.
You would do well. I live in Jamestown and keep my boat here as well. Getting tanks filled is not as convenient as it once was.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do people like this get themselves involved in a customer service/relationship-oriented business?

They have a burning, unfulfilled desire to turn two million dollars into fifty bucks and some SCUBA crap they'll keep in the garage?

flots.

I'd file a claim in small claims court just because it would be fun.

Only 5 Dive Shops left here in RI......We at Giant Stride want your business, we have the biggest selection and the largest inventory in RI, we fill e grade air, nitrox, trimix and argon. We run charters, trips and we actually dive locally......a lot! On top of that we like our customers, appreciate thier business and have old school customer service practices. www.giantstridediveshop.com

Only 5 Dive Shops left here in RI......We at Giant Stride want your business, we have the biggest selection and the largest inventory in RI, we fill e grade air, nitrox, trimix and argon. We run charters, trips and we actually dive locally......a lot! On top of that we like our customers, appreciate thier business and have old school customer service practices. www.giantstridediveshop.com

You all can take this to the bank. This is a real dive shop run by a real diver with real divers working there. It's worth the trip there just to see the many artifacts Red has found and put in display cases. From bottles to WWII artifacts even Doria china. Giant Strides is my main go to dive shop. I predict that someday it'll be one a very dive shops left in RI, the Ocean State. We should be loaded with dive shops!

I'd file a claim in small claims court just because it would be fun.

But that costs money to file and time/travel to the courts to pursue- probably not a profitable course of action for the possible fraud you feel may have been committed by Newport Diving Center.

On the other hand it's free to start a thread on Scubaboard mentioning that you feel cheated by Newport Diving Center and that you are considering fraud charges against Newport Diving Center.

You should also consider filing a fraud complaint with the Better Business Bureau against the Newport Diving Center detailing the exact crime or scam that was committed by the Newport Diving Center. It may not get anything for you but it lets other potential customers know that you think the new guy at Newport Diving Center is a crook.

You never know what google and the other search engines might pick up when another potential victim runs a search on Newport Diving Center, they might even find this thread and see what they could run into if they do business with Newport Diving Center.

Note- Don't overdo it please, just a few posts will put it pretty high up on google. :D

And of course, all of this is just my OPINION based on what I've read above.

You won't find a better shop in RI than Giant Stride. The only thing I would change if I could, Red, is for you to move to Jamestown!

Back
Top Bottom