Newly Certified 79 Year Old Diver (debersole's father)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for all of the kind words everyone! It's really been a great weekend of diving with whole family.

Last night we had another special occasion. We all had dinner with Jim Abernethy and he surprised my daughter, Kimberly, with two posters and a CD of photos of a new Tiger Shark "player" at Tiger Beach he has decided to name "Kimberly" in my daughter's honor.
kimberly%20060718%20060124%200443.jpg

Some of you may know my Kimberly was the youngest tiger shark diver a couple of years ago on Eric's first Wetpixel Bahamas trip at age 15 (then surpassed by son last summer who was 12 at the time). She also celebrated her 200th dive on that trip with Eric and me hanging her upside down from Shear Water with a bait crate:
img_0472a.jpg

Then last summer she was by far the youngest woman to do the “night tigers”. Jim said that all of this together justified the new tiger shark being named “Kimberly”. As you can imagine, my Kimberly was ecstatic. She can’t wait to frame the photos and put them up in her bedroom.

Thanks again, everyone. Our family leaves tomorrow for Nassau so my dad can log some dives in preparation for his advanced open water certification !!!!

Doug

Back
Top Bottom