Newly Certified 79 Year Old Diver (debersole's father)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:thumb: :thumb:

Not humoring you. That is simply brilliant. How very very awesome.

:wave-smil

Those are great, Doug. It takes a lot of moxie to start something like diving at that age. My father-in-law, whose daughter grew up watching him dive and got me into this whole thing, has sold off all his scuba gear at 73. He still free-dives though, and he kicks all our butts when it comes to getting Abalone. He'll go out in 40 foot water and limit in the first half-hour.

Good for your dad Doug! It must be great to share diving with him and your kids.

You need to take a minute out and give yourself a big pat on the back for a job well done. That is so great that you got your dad into diving. Not only should you be proud of your dad, very proud indeed, but be proud of yourself. That has to be other wordly to dive with your kids and dad too? WOW!!!!

Thanks for all of the kind words everyone. It's really been a fun couple of days diving with the whole family. Tomorrow we're all headed to Nassau!

Pilot fish --
Actually I was his instructor as well. There is no guidelines for depth restrictions based on age and he has no real health problems, but I'm planning on keeping him shallower than 60 feet and only diving in warm tropical waters.

Doug

Good for him! Hope I am still diving at that age.....

stangscuba98a:
Good for him! Hope I am still diving at that age.....

Ditto! Way cool.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom