Newly Certified 79 Year Old Diver (debersole's father)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dr. Doug Ebersole

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Here are a couple of photos from my father's open water checkout dives yesterday in West Palm with me and my kids.

He turns 80 this December but is not your usual octogenarian. He's been windsurfing since the early 1980's, has been known to rollerblade with our kids, and learned to snow ski at age 75.

Not the greatest photos, but how many of us have photos of our fathers with our children underwater?!

Danny at Breaker's Reef -- SSI's newest (and maybe oldest getting certified) Open Water Diver
westpalmjuly2006%20(13)a.jpg

Danny with grandchildren Kimberly (age 17, 250 logged dives) and Eric (age 13, 100 logged dives)
westpalmjuly2006%20(2)b.jpg

Thanks for humoring me, but I'm pretty proud of him.

Doug

What a wonderful thing...for your Dad, you and your kids....I just had my 12yo Granddaughter certified so now we have 3 generations of divers....what a great sport to share...Congrats to your Dad and I hope I have half his energy when I'm his age....wait....I don't have half his energy now :)

Thanks Doug, that's inspirational. I'm 66 and I hope I am still diving when I am 79. I'll give it a try :)

That is too cool! Please congratulate your father for me, that's quite an accomplishment.

That is just very, very cool on all sorts of levels. Thanks for the post!

I hope they feature you in a scuba magazine!

Incredible!

debersole,

You are a lucky man. Living Parents and grandparents for your kids is a gift. Having parents that are still active, and engaged even more so. Enjoy. You should be proud.

Tobin

Fantastic Doug... and more importantly, fantastic Danny.

I'm considering heading out on the Shearwater in early December Doug, how about joining me, and dangling your dad off the back with a bait crate?

David

Back
Top Bottom