Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

somewhereinla

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello,
I just want to briefly introduce myself. I live in Los Angeles. I have wanted to dive since I was a child, but was always told I couldn't, because of a light sinus condition... 5 years ago, I was in Thailand with my Girlfriend, and after she suggested I give it a try, I was hooked and realized I could actually do it no problems, just needed to go down at a somewhat slower pace. I tried again 2 years ago in Hawaii but didn't have time to get certified. I spent the last Christmas holidays on Oahu, and finally got certified.:)
I am now looking forward to diving in L.A and to take my Advance Open Water certification. I am also starting to look at gear. I have always snorkeled so I already have the fins, mask etc...
I am looking to get a BC, regulator and a warm wetsuit fairly soon. This forum has already been a wealth of informations.

I am looking forward to learning from all of you as well as to become a better diver.

cheers.

Welcome to ScubaBoard. This is a great place to gain more knowledge and get more information than you can handle.

congrats on joining the diving community....and welcome to ScubaBoard!

Kudo for getting rid of that nasty sinus thing and welcome to the world of diving.

Congratulation on your OW certification
Welcome to :sblogo:
:wave-smil :wave-smil
:chicken:

Welcome to the board! and to diving. Feel free to drop on down to your local So.Cal. forum . Noticed that you already joined with the Hollywood Divers but I'm sure you would love to get to know and dive with others here locally. We dive alot and enjoy sharing our addiction with others. Check out our monthly gatherings and weekly dives. Dive safe and enjoy!

smilies-41093.png

It does help with discussions if you complete your Profile. And it's even more fun when you load an Avatar (personal pic for each post) and a Profile pic. See UserCP to access these if you'd like to...? :wink:

If you haven't yet, click Forums above and start going thru the list - looking for those of interest to you, especially your local dive club. Always good to try a Search before starting a new thread, tho :search: and be careful about posting Threads & Replies without reading the Stickies at the tops of most forums. Click the link in my Sig below to PM me if I can help you around here..

:cowboy: don

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom