Newbie Reefmaster CL questions...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MtnDiver

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am a newbie to Underwater Photography.

I just bought a Reefmaster CL camera (not into serious photography, just want to have fun with it).

Anyhow, reading the manual that came with the camera (available online here), it says a couple of things to do or not do that are directly opposite to some of the suggestions I've seen here. Is this just because of this particular camera/case or which is correct?

1) The manual states to "Use SeaLife Anti-Fog Dessicant and a drop of anti fog lotion inside on the housing port." (emphasis is mine) Should I really use anti-fog on the inside of the lens port? I thought I read somewhere in this forum that this was a bad idea.

2) Under the "MUST DO! VERY IMPORTANT: Not following these points may void your warranty" section, it says "The ReefMaster O-Ring sealing area must be absolutely flat, smooth and clean. DO NOT REMOVE or GREASE O-RING!" (Emphasis is directly from the manual). I've also seen recommendations here that suggest greasing the O-Ring before every dive.

Very confused...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom