Newbie Intro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kat.O

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello!

I'm starting my OW with IDC on Tuesday and I'm very excited to start diving.

So far the only experience I've had with scuba is using my bf's reg in the bathtub. My bf is askdjasd or ask-bj-afk as I call him. He told me to drop his name in this post. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone, I've been told that I will be meeting some of you.

-Katrina

I'm so sorry. :wink:

I didn't want to be the first :)

Welcome to the forum Katrina. Perhaps you'll have a beneficial effect upon that young ruffian!

Hey Dale, John and the other 72 creepers.

This is Marty under Kat's name.

So we were at harrison hot springs yesterday, the water is blueeeee.

Anyone dove it?
Kat will be completing her OW in 2 weeks, I was thinking harrison lake for her first official dive.
Anyone up for it?

Harrison is a pretty shallow lake at the southern end (we swam a long time to get 20' deep) and very sterile as far as any kind of life goes. Lot's of silt smothers most plant life and there isn't really much hiding places for smaller fish. I would suggest Sasamat lake for a first lake dive. Buntzen is usually another good choice but the vis was poor yesterday and the boat launch road is closed due to high water so you have to hump all your gear down.
Of course, there's always Cultus! but honestly the vis is only 5' or so.
How'd you convince a girl to be your friend???

It looks like Harrison is out for my first dive, Cultas is looking like the place so far. We're thinking June 11th or 12th, is anyone in?

Marty never really convinced me to be his girlfriend, he just chained me up in his apartment until I developed Stockholm syndrome.

We wouldnt be going where we saw the Salmon. The first dive there was nothing.

when Jackie and I dove cultas, we went near the docs, saw tons of life, plants, and great vis.
I'm suggesting we do that instead.

Marty Says: We wouldnt be going where we saw the Salmon. The first dive there was nothing.

when Jackie and I dove cultas, we went near the docs, saw tons of life, plants, and great vis.
I'm suggesting we do that instead.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom