Newbie here!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jumpergirl

Reaction score
Originally from North East Texas, currently live i
Hello! (I posted this in the Intro forum, but was pointed here by someone obviously smarter than me. :wink: )

I've been a certified open water diver for all of a week! I was very hesitant about it at first, but now I am so excited and can't wait to go diving again!

My fiance and I both got certified at Clear Springs Scuba Park in Terrell, Texas last week. We're in Dallas at the moment and will be driving to Houston next week. Is there another scuba park, or dive site, along the way that's worth spending a day at? We bought a bunch of our gear today, but will still need to rent some things.

Any suggestions are MUCH appreciated!!

Jaime

Welcome aboard and congrats on your recent cert!

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to Scuba Board
Congratulation

Congrats! And welcome to our happy lil Texan community. Just curious, what made you take the plunge to get certified? Honeymoon?

Where ya headed off to? (he asked, all jealous) Need a DM to come along just in case? I travel light, and could maybe fit in an overhead....

D.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!

For Daylonious: Yes, we got certified so we can go diving on our honeymoon. We're thinking about Oahu but maybe Cozumel. Who knows?!

We're both skydivers so it wasn't a difficult decision to get scuba certified, too. :wink: Although we've only done our training dives, we're both so excited about it and can't wait to do more! We're planning a trip to Windy Point later this week with a friend. Will anyone else be available during the week? I don't know yet what day we'll be there. It would be nice to make new friends! :D

Jumpergirl:
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!

For Daylonious: Yes, we got certified so we can go diving on our honeymoon. We're thinking about Oahu but maybe Cozumel. Who knows?!

We're both skydivers so it wasn't a difficult decision to get scuba certified, too. :wink: Although we've only done our training dives, we're both so excited about it and can't wait to do more! We're planning a trip to Windy Point later this week with a friend. Will anyone else be available during the week? I don't know yet what day we'll be there. It would be nice to make new friends! :D

To tell ya the truth - I was thinking about heading down to Austin later this week, then going on to see a friend in San Antonio..

D.

Welcome to the swamp and congrats on your new certification. There are people diving at Windy Point most every weekend. Keep tabs on this forum and you'll see the posts.

Welcome to the board and the WWD (Wonderful World of Diving)!

In Houston there is also Twin Lakes, a little quarry. Don't know the particulars on it at this time, been about 3 years since I've been there. Dee that's on this board dives there quite a bit.

Have a great honeymoon!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom