Newbie from Michigan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome to the board, from another Michigan diver and relative newcomer to the sport. I got certified with my son last spring. We're gearing up for our second Carribean trip in April. Our dive instructors kept trying to convince us to dive the wrecks in the Straits, but coral and color (and warm water!) have a lot more appeal for me.

(short hijack)

Happy Birthday, MichiganDiver! :)

(end hijack)

RedWingDiver:
Diving Doc-you were saying? :wink:

Like i said, cool calm collected and not at all insane:D

ScubaTexan:
BTW, I'm a UM fan, as well!

GO BLUE!!

ScubaTexan, are you, by chance, a transplant of sorts?:huh: I'll bet you took a lot of guff from the neighbors when we played Texas in the Rose Bowl a few years back.

MichiganDiver:
Welcome to the board, from another Michigan diver and relative newcomer to the sport. I got certified with my son last spring. We're gearing up for our second Carribean trip in April. Our dive instructors kept trying to convince us to dive the wrecks in the Straits, but coral and color (and warm water!) have a lot more appeal for me.

Thanks! That's great that you can dive with your son. My kids are still too young yet and my wife does not get along with water very well. So I'm pretty much on my own as most of my diving friends all left the state. I totally agree with you-I did this mainly to dive in the warmer waters to look at marine life and coral! Last August I did my first drift dive down in West Palm Beach and that was just such a cool experience! I'm sure I will go on a wreck dive once with my scuba "alma mater," but that's definitely not what appeals to me.

Speaking of which-big shout out to anyone on the boards who got certified through Rec Diving in Royal Oak!

ScubaTexan:
(short hijack)

Happy Birthday, MichiganDiver! :)

(end hijack)

Thanks. It's brrr cold here in Michigan today. Wish I were in the Caribbean. :wink:

Go Blue!
U of M Rackham Grad School '89

RedWingDiver:
ScubaTexan, are you, by chance, a transplant of sorts?:huh: I'll bet you took a lot of guff from the neighbors when we played Texas in the Rose Bowl a few years back.

No, actually, I'm from here in Arlington. I've just been a Michigan fan for years. And, yes, I did take quite a bit of stick from all my UT friends before and after the Rose Bowl. It didn't help much that we lost on that last second field goal (I'm really getting tired of losing bowl games). I was supposed to go to the Alamo Bowl last year when they played Nebraska, but I got sick and couldn't go.

BTW -- I just saw Shanny score the first goal of the game for the Rangers against the Red Wings. It's already 2-0, New York... :shakehead

Welcome! You'll find a wealth of information here!

ScubaTexan:
No, actually, I'm from here in Arlington. I've just been a Michigan fan for years. And, yes, I did take quite a bit of stick from all my UT friends before and after the Rose Bowl. It didn't help much that we lost on that last second field goal (I'm really getting tired of losing bowl games). I was supposed to go to the Alamo Bowl last year when they played Nebraska, but I got sick and couldn't go.

BTW -- I just saw Shanny score the first goal of the game for the Rangers against the Red Wings. It's already 2-0, New York... :shakehead

GAH! I don't have Versus on my cable package, so I can't see the game. Probably just as well because I have the kids by myself tonight (my wife is enjoying her birthday present-a night out with her friends and no kids!) and it's never a good idea for me to watch hockey while caring for the children!

You didn't miss much with the Alamo Bowl, for sure. I don't even want to mention this year's Rose Bowl debacle.

Michigan Diver-you and me both! I need warmth and I need it now! Go Blue!

Wreck Wench-Thanks! I have found this site to be a great read. Lots of great information, including some things that I'm glad I didn't see before I learned how to dive!:11:

RedWingDiver:
Wreck Wench-Thanks! I have found this site to be a great read. Lots of great information, including some things that I'm glad I didn't see before I learned how to dive!:11:

Oh do tell more!!! :D

RedWingDiver:
My kids are still too young yet and my wife does not get along with water very well.

If I knew you really well I would laugh and say rent older kids and do a trade in for a water loving wife.........
.......but since I dont know you, be patient, yur kids will eventually hit 10 and be very nice to your wife for letting you leave her on the beach :D

Welcome to the board! ....and don't mind my sense of humor :wink:

Back
Top Bottom