Newbie from Michigan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RedWingDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello all,

I joined on this board about a week and a half ago, but got so wrapped up in reading posts that I just haven't gotten around to making my own! I can't believe I didn't know about this place!

A little about me: I'm from Royal Oak, Michigan and finally fixed a 20 year old issue by finally learning to dive and getting certified last August. Diving has been a life long dream all my life, but the stars never seemed to align. And I always figured that even if they did I'd never have much of a chance to go diving due to time/money/water hating spouse. Last year I finally decided to make them align because I wasn't getting any younger. I am so glad I did!

I'm really amazed at all of the information on this board, not to mention the characters!:D I'll probably be spending the next few weeks on this board casing the Florida section though as I'm working on a family trip to Key Largo in which I intend to do some diving.

Hope to get to know you all!

Welcome to ScubaBoard from the southern neighbor state. Congrats on the certification and for getting the 20 year-old issues all in alignment!

Thanks k4 (may I call you k4?). Incidentally, the "20 year issue" was the fact that I had an opportunity to take a dive class in college literally dropped into my lap, and I declined to take advantage of it. So for the past almost 20 years, I kept kicking myself for not doing so until now. I have a lot of ground to make up!

Hey up red wing diver and welcome to the forum from sunny old england! I hope you are not expecting too many carachters as we are all really quiet and intellectual and really not boring!! :_)

Welcome to Scubaboard! :wavey:

I'm going to see the Red Wings play the Stars next week... :)

ScubaTexan:
Welcome to Scubaboard! :wavey:

I'm going to see the Red Wings play the Stars next week... :)

Welcome to :sblogo:!!!!

Oh and Ken means that he's going to watch the Stars get BEAT by the Red Wings!!! :D

SCUBAJENNIFER:
Welcome to :sblogo:!!!!

Oh and Ken means that he's going to watch the Stars get BEAT by the Red Wings!!! :D

I was wondering how long it was going to take you to chime in....four minutes!

You guys have had your fun with us so far -- now it's OUR turn! :laughing:

ScubaTexan:
I was wondering how long it was going to take you to chime in....four minutes!

You guys have had your fun with us so far -- now it's OUR turn! :laughing:

:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

Diving Doc-you were saying? :wink:

ScubaTexan-Cool! Did you by chance go to any of the All Star festivities?

SCUBAJENNIFER-Congrats on the Colts! Wings fan too?

Oh, and since the pleasantries are out of the way, ST, may I remind you of Turco's record against the Wings?:light: :D (Incidentally, I got to watch Turco while he was still in college at Michigan. Not at all surprised by how good he's been in the NHL.)

RedWingDiver:
ScubaTexan-Cool! Did you by chance go to any of the All Star festivities?

No, I didn't get to go to the Skills Competition, and the last tickets I could find for the game itself were $175.

Oh, and since the pleasantries are out of the way, ST, may I remind you of Turco's record against the Wings?:light: :D (Incidentally, I got to watch Turco while he was still in college at Michigan. Not at all surprised by how good he's been in the NHL.)

Thank you SOOOO much for reminding me of that... :25:
LOL

BTW, I'm a UM fan, as well!

GO BLUE!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom