Newbie diver looking for some advise on my first Gear purchase...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey kazbanz.. yea, its gonna feel totally mad to be coverd from head to toe lol...and the cold water...ouch...haha.. Actualy gonna go camping at Tawharanui tonight..swellmap is saying a 9/10 for surf tomorrow! cant wait..
I'll make sure I go talk to Mike as you sugessted, cheers for that.
Pls tell me more about the goat island trip! sounds great.
Just bought the SpotX book today and looks like heaps of spots for beginner divers in the Gulf..
Right, have a good weekend all, back on saturday
cheers

Gimme a yell dude. Theres also a 2 tank dive coming up heading out to the mokes. REALLY nice diving and the boat is pretty nice.The good news is the dive club is associated with a dive shop (LDS) so if you were keen you could rent the stuff you don't have.

Hey, just a short while ago I looked at a very similar Mares Prestige set on Leisure Pro. I am so glad that I didn't go with it!! Keep in mind that you are sure you want jacket not back inflate, environmentally sealed or warmwater reg, etc.
Another thing to remember if you are a beginner like me that the costs of maintaining a tank are often equal to those of renting one, unless you dive very often.

I ended up buying a Mares Icon Back inflate MRS BCD, Genesis Resource Pro 3 gauge computer console, Cold Water Environmentally sealed primary and octo adjustable reg, and several accessories for under $1,200.00:)
Keep up the research, it really pays of, and I am so glad I put the time I did into the research!

Back
Top Bottom