Newbi fom Houston

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SemperFi

Reaction score
Yes that IS in the great state of TEXAS!

I am brand new at the sport! Meaning I JUST got my certification! I tried it a few times at resorts (jamaica, bahamas, and a few in hawwaii) and got hooked!

But now I am in full force and full of questions! So if I get too talkative don't be afraid to tell me to shut it!

it's good to be here

Welcome to the board. You'll fit right in.
Dive Safe!
Larry

SemperFi once bubbled...
Yes that IS in the great state of TEXAS!

I am brand new at the sport! Meaning I JUST got my certification! I tried it a few times at resorts (jamaica, bahamas, and a few in hawwaii) and got hooked!

But now I am in full force and full of questions! So if I get too talkative don't be afraid to tell me to shut it!

it's good to be here

Greetings Houston! I was out your way on business about 2 months ago. Spent alot of the company's money in the Galleria section on dinner, Gran Marnier etc. :) Congrats on the CERT. I'm going to do 2nd pool dive tomorrow!
Right behing you...........................................Have fun!

:patriot: I did some dives off of Atlantic Beach NC in May, on WWII battle wrecks, and on the last day out saw one of our Amphib ships coming back. It docked in Morehead City, after the chopters flew ahead. :mgun:

:iwagima: On the way back to the airport, I stopped by the surplus store at Cherry Points gate and pciked up some Utility caps, bumper stickers, etc. Even found a cap honoring my dad's WWII ship, "The Intrepid." Now a museum at NYC. Got the cap to him at his nursing home the next day - the day before he died. We used the cap in the funeral home display.

:wflag: We'd known he was winding down, and I'd spoken with the Top at the local Reserve Unit (my old unit) in advance. Then, we went thru channels with HQMC in Quantico. We were hoping for two or three Marines to come out. THEY BROUGHT TEN! I'd served on the firing squad for some funerals during Veit Nam (we had so many then), but I'd never been close to the grave for the flag ceromony before. That funeral salute was something!

Anyway, welcome to a fun sport. Don't feel guilty if yard work lose importance in your life, and don't miss the Sea Space show there in June each year.

Happy Bubbles, Don :eek:ldguy:

Congrats, you'll enjoy the h..l out of it. glad to see divers from houston.

Chuck
Diver from spring

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom