New York City/East coast cold-water certification?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My wife and I did our confined water dives with Panaqua and then did our OW check out dives down in Florida. We live in Queens and do not own a car so being able to take the subway to the shop, classroom and pool made things easy. They also run a van or shuttle bus out to Dutch Springs when they do OW dives. The shop caters to recreational divers but the staff has a wealth of experience in a wide variety of diving. Lorraine can help with any questions and if she has a moment she might even share a story.

I know a few people who have used Village Divers for their certification. Most of them complain about scheduling hassles and very uneven quality of instructors. All of them are really good divers but not all of them are good teachers. I would not feel comfortable recommending this shop for beginning instruction.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom