New Years Day - Hangover?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As long as it wasn't salt water, you're probably OK

I whiffed of my DAN O2 ... Feeel so much better

Soggy:
I drank excessively last night, and mixed said drinking with a bonfire and lighting off fireworks.

I drank about a glass of water per drink and didn't have a hangover, thankfully!
You're not DIR!!!!

:wink:

While I do agree that the original post sounds a bit trollish, I also think that this is a serious topic worthy of discussion.

This is the text that Rick is using as a basis for this discussion:

GUE:
They not only place themselves at risk but also other team members who may be called upon to help them in a crisis situation. Fitness includes cardiovascular health, strength, flexibility, nutrition, abstinence from drug use, limited or nonexistent alcohol consumption and avoidance of smoking.

Speaking for myself, I don't drink much and the frequency with which someone can say I'm drunk would be measured in years not days or months.

If I have a glass of wine with dinner the night before a day of easy recreational diving, I don't see that as a problem or as a violation of GUE's paragraph above. I'd see that as limited consumption. As I advance in my training and undertake technical recreational diving, I probably would not consume any alcohol the day before a dive which would put greater levels of stress on my body. Of course, I believe that this goes hand in hand with proper excercise, etc.

I have no problem with what GUE has written and think that it makes sense. I also don't think it matters if someone occasionally "ties one on" as long as they're not doing it before going diving. I think it's important to mention that this assumes that a person is not regularly getting drunk, which points to alcohol abuse. If they get a little carried away, then I think that they should just exclude themselves from the dive and take care of their hangover. In my opinion, to do otherwise does put the team at risk.

Christian

Rick Inman:
It is said that a DIR diver embraces the entire holistic system, not discarding any single aspect of the whole.

If this is true, then, if you are hung over today, you are not DIR. :wink:

Possible further training: LINK :wink:

...limited or nonexistent alcohol consumption...

*NOTE: Winks added for attitude clarification.

Nae hangover but I did spend New Year's eve in front of the fireplace with my wife and the Ghillie, as well as a14 YO named Scapa and an 18 YO named Bunnahabhain. Scapa should be a name known to all divers, DIR or not.

Soggy:
I drank excessively last night, and mixed said drinking with a bonfire and lighting off fireworks.

I drank about a glass of water per drink and didn't have a hangover, thankfully!

Aren't fireworks illegal in the Commywealth?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom