New Years Day @ Gilboa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On a good note. I quit smoking and haven't in over a week now.

Good for you! Gave it up in 1979 - brain is getting too feeble to do the math now but it's been a long time. For a while try to stay away from smoke-filled bars since alcohol and smoking feed off each other.

Good for you! Gave it up in 1979 - brain is getting too feeble to do the math now but it's been a long time. For a while try to stay away from smoke-filled bars since alcohol and smoking feed off each other.

Hey, thanx for the advice. That is a long time. Always good to hear it can be done.

I'm lucky enough to have quit drinking already. My vice is underwater now.

And food. And chocolate.

Hey, great, John; I thought I might have to go solo tomorrow (as if Mike would really allow that!) What time are you guys planning on getting there? I'm looking maybe 10 - 10:30.

Just remember ..... SIXTY FIVE!

Just remember ..... SIXTY FIVE!

Sorry Skyking, I didn't get the connection. What do you mean by, "SIXTY FIVE"?

Who went to Gilboa today?

How was it??

It was great! Water was 40, altho vis wasn't the best. Air temp was 20.

About 15-20 people showed up, I'd guess.

Ken

WHO won the scooter???

Sorry Skyking, I didn't get the connection. What do you mean by, "SIXTY FIVE"?

A joke from the Meet & Greet. Won't expand further...

Ted - Good try but if you must know, you're off by more than 10 and less than 20.

Two groups of us from the Dayton area arriived mid-morning. Got about 30 minutes in before GETFRIGGINWARMITIS, GETFOODNOW, and BEERMUSTHAVEBEER set-in and we froze our butts off gearing-down and packing up for the short drive to Road House in Lima for Steaks, Chicken, Beer, and other varieties of stuff.

The water was pretty much a uniform 41-42 degrees with not the best viz. One of the guys measured 39 someplace during the dive. Surface 20 +/- and windy - bad enough that by the time I got my drysuit off my BC, regs, etc had frozen together and I ended-up disassembling the whole mess in the bathroom after returning. Think several others had a similar experience.

Don't remember the name of the fellow who won the scooter, but they also gave away $5K in instructor prizes - none of those winners were there so I assume they'll mail them.

A good day all-in-all. Those who missed it get a chance to redeem themselves in 365 days :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom