New Years Day @ Gilboa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyone know what the freezing factor is??

If there is ice yet??

I checked the Gilboa website and couldn't find anything.

I just talked to Mike; he said that there isn't even a skim on the surface; it's all completely clear.

I just talked to Mike; he said that there isn't even a skim on the surface; it's all completely clear.

Yay!!

:dancingsnoopy:

Hopefully I will get in the pool and learn that new drysuit before then......

Dry or wet, I'll be there!!

Have fun guys. But some of the my local buds have a weekend of diving planned for the Upper Keys so I don't think I will make it.

I did get my Cavern and Intro to Cave certification on the way down to the Keys. The flow and Ginnie Springs is something. That was the last time I touched my drysuit.

Take care and be safe.

Glad to hear you got your cave cert, the only diving I'll be doing in the near future is if I get ice diving certified. Have a good time in the keys.

I'm kind of interested to see what happens if the air temp is below 32 degrees...when you get out, do you layer up with ice?

This actually happened to me once before...but it was riding my motorcycle and getting caught in a sleet storm about 30 miles from home...now that was interesting.

John

I'm kind of interested to see what happens if the air temp is below 32 degrees...when you get out, do you layer up with ice?

This actually happened to me once before...but it was riding my motorcycle and getting caught in a sleet storm about 30 miles from home...now that was interesting.

John

Yes, one year we iced up on our walk from the dock... My dive buddy turned white with frost

John

I'm putting a cover on my car seat, and when I get out after the last dive, and get out of my gear, I'm heading for the shower room to change out.

Yes, one year we iced up on our walk from the dock... My dive buddy turned white with frost

Was that the year we had the horizontal snow coming out?

Yeah he doesnt want any one to see, how wet he is. In his Very expensive new drysuit.

My offer still stands, Ted.:D

Was that the year we had the horizontal snow coming out?

Not that year.. It was Bruce...a few years back. We came up from the docks with me in the lead. When we got to the tables, I turned to rest my gear on the table and saw Bruce. He was completely white. My first thought was it looked as if someone threw a bunch of flour on him...but it was frost. Then the frost started to flake off as he got out of his gear. It was a day with bitter cold winds...much like today!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom