New Years Day @ Gilboa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey guys:

I might try to make it as well. I am sorry I didn't make the fall M&G...things are just too busy.

I have to see if my wife is working (yes...she might have to work on New Years Day, which sucks), but if she isn't, or if I can get someone to stay with the kids, I'll see you there.

John

I'd love to join you guys and gals but my daughter is getting married January 3rd in Illinois. We're leaving Jan 1 to help coordinate the final preparations.

I'd love to join you guys and gals but my daughter is getting married January 3rd in Illinois. We're leaving Jan 1 to help coordinate the final preparations.

I would think that Gilboa would be right on the way to Ill. Well, maybe a little bit of a detour!

Ken

I would think that Gilboa would be right on the way to Ill. Well, maybe a little bit of a detour!

Ken

A little bit of a detour .... yea, just a little! Gilboa is 3h 15m NE and the wedding, across the river from St. Louis, is 4h SW. Unfortunately that's a bit more than just a detour! :D

I might be there. Illness, weather, and college bowl games may be factors in my decision.

Yea, that may be a new goal... Dive a day in Jan with at water temp of 38 and reverse the numbers a few weeks later and dive 83 degrees

Hmm, I might also decide to come up to figure out what sound a Honda Element makes when it's parked on top a warm water bound diver...
:rofl3:

A little bit of a detour .... yea, just a little! Gilboa is 3h 15m NE and the wedding, across the river from St. Louis, is 4h SW. Unfortunately that's a bit more than just a detour! :D

Com'on Jim, isn't seeing us worth the drive.....Hey!, the dive is worth the drive!!!

Have fun guys. But some of the my local buds have a weekend of diving planned for the Upper Keys so I don't think I will make it.

I did get my Cavern and Intro to Cave certification on the way down to the Keys. The flow and Ginnie Springs is something. That was the last time I touched my drysuit.

Take care and be safe.

Have fun guys. But some of the my local buds have a weekend of diving planned for the Upper Keys so I don't think I will make it.

I did get my Cavern and Intro to Cave certification on the way down to the Keys. The flow and Ginnie Springs is something. That was the last time I touched my drysuit.

Take care and be safe.

Be honest, kidsdream; you posted only because you wanted to say "upper Keys" to us in the month of January-----you're right----I'm jealous. I won't be thinking of you as I enter the green waters of Gilboa on New Year's Day. Have some great dives in the "UPPER KEYS".

Anyone know what the freezing factor is??

If there is ice yet??

I checked the Gilboa website and couldn't find anything.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom