New Year's Day Dive 2007

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I plan on being there.

Last year's dive was the most fun I had since the hogs ate my little brother!

Look on the bright side. We don't have to cut a hole through ice...

New Years Eve I'll be diving in Dutch Springs, a quarry in Pa. New Years Day I hope to be on a boat diving the Ocean.

Im hoping we have a real good turn out this new years like we had last year. Lots of good food and great company, what more could you ask for......other than warm water.

I know we all are familiar with Mask and Diver coves, but how about doing some other lake spot? Surely there are more diveable locations than just those 2!

MIke

I know what you mean but I can't think of anything off-hand that is convenient...

mikerault:
I know we all are familiar with Mask and Diver coves, but how about doing some other lake spot? Surely there are more diveable locations than just those 2!

MIke

Tradition . . .

I'm giving serious thought to bringing the Kraken's kauldron and making a big pot of beef/Irish stew for general consumption.

the K

mikerault:

MIke

At issue is the picknick tables and easy access. Also we might have some that have never dove Lanier. I don't want to put them in a situation where they have to contend with cold water, lower vis (than they may be used to), thick forest and entanglement hazards. We are familiar with Mask cove and know what to expect so that we can give the divers that have never dove there a pre-dive briefing.

I've dove all the locations at WBP that has somewhat easy access. The lake levels make it hard to find a good "walk in" spot. Also another good place to dive is at Lower Overlook park. Deep water, no forest (that I could find), just tree stumps. It's right at the dam.

Maybe we can all hit some of the other coves this winter. It would be a nice change.

The Kraken:
Tradition . . .

I'm giving serious thought to bringing the Kraken's kauldron and making a big pot of beef/Irish stew for general consumption.

the K

If you think you've got what it takes then...

"BRING IT ON!!!":D

Seriously, that would be fitting and I'm always up for some stew.

The decision has been made.

The Yellow Angel Fish and I will be cooking up a pot of Irish stew in the Kraken's Kauldron.

the K

Excellent...of course if you wear your Zorba the Greek outfit ad start doing the Tradition dance I might have to leave...

:)

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom