New wreck coming to Tobermory?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe I'm a bit dense, but I have no idea what is actually said, and what position is being stated in that article.....

One of the main forces behind the "Friends" and behind the plan to restore her to cruise ship status is running for mayor of the community that currently controls the fate of the Norisle.

Presumably, he figures that if he's mayor, he can somehow ignore the court settlement. I'm not really sure what his plan would be. From everything I've heard, the average rate-payer in that area isn't happy that their little town had to blow $250K defending itself against the lawsuit, which was spearheaded by this guy.

I love (loathe) politicians who feel their power is above law......

working in government myself, I see it way too often.

if the public is as upset as it should be, he has a great platform (anti-public sentiment) to run by :confused:

There is a group that wishes to restore it as a cruise ship. It is my understanding that the only practical way to do that would be to melt it down and start again.

There is a group that wishes to restore it as a cruise ship. It is my understanding that the only practical way to do that would be to melt it down and start again.

LOL Maybe you should suggest that to them. :D

if the public is as upset as it should be, he has a great platform (anti-public sentiment) to run by :confused:

Yup... and there are some pretty serious issues facing that community including a festering racial divide, which is presumably of a much greater concern than restoring this old boat. They've done nothing in 10 years to move that project forward, and have no plan to do anything now. It's sad I suppose, but this guy needs to accept it and learn how to dive.

"Accept in and learn how to dive" I love it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom