New Wetsuit!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SunFishSarah

Reaction score
Being new to diving I assumed finding a wetsuit I like would go the way finding breeches has gone. Go custom, spend the money, shut up, be comfy, etc. etc..... I called Liquid Fit and started working on my order......

After scanning the posts on SB.com I decided to give the Henderson Hyperstrech a whirl because I want something comfy now, not in a few months.

Wouldn't ya know it my least favorite lds is a dealer, the only dealer on the whole damm island. So I ran in purchased one and was on my way out when my Dad just had to ask the salesnerd a question so my hopes of a quick escape were dashed by the man who I swear to god would talk underwater!! Now back to the suit wearing part..

Comfy, comfy, everyone was right.. No hoping, no skipping, no cussing, it just went on and fit.. Amazingly enough my absurdly long legs actually fit in the suit! I didn't feel like I was wearing neoprene highwaters. I'm not a fan of bright colors so the all black suit makes me very happy indeed. Now I just need one in every thickness because I am the overkill Princess.

I'll worry about staying warm when I get back to the other side of the Pacific next month.

Long story short, thank you to the ladies who have candidly posted what suits fit and why.

Aloha!

S

Congratulations! I love my Henderson Hyperstretch and would never go back to any other wetsuit. I have a swimmer's body (broad shoulders, relatively no hips in comparison), combined with big boobs, and every wetsuit I've ever worn or tried on would give me a HUGE chest squeeze...that is until the Henderson! <VBG> There are wetsuit companies who claim they have super stretch wetsuits, but after having tried on most of them, I can attest to the fact that nothing comes close to a Henderson!

My wife and I both wear hyperstretch wetsuits and absolutely love them. I've never worn a more comfortable wetsuit. Just be careful with velcro, it does cause quite abit of pilling.

love mine too, but velcro is destroying it, be very careful with the band on your bcd

I love my Henderson Hyperstretches, too (I have a 3mm and a 5mm), but Akona and Bare also make excellent wetsuits that are very similar in design and style to the Hendersons. You might check them out, as well.

Fantastic, I certainly will.

S

ScubaTexan:
I love my Henderson Hyperstretches, too (I have a 3mm and a 5mm), but Akona and Bare also make excellent wetsuits that are very similar in design and style to the Hendersons. You might check them out, as well.

ScubaTexan:

I was looking at the price difference between Akona and Henderson 7mil one piece.
$150 for the Akona and $300 for the Henderson. Is there such a big difference that the Akona is half the price. I don't dive that much but would like to do some Monterey dives and will need to get a 7 mil. Any more comments appreciated.
Thanks
David

Henderson has an excellent reputation and is very well made, and you will pay for that. I also wanted a Henderson Hyperstretch, but I chose the suit that fit me like a glove, AND is well made.

You should get whatever wetsuit fits you the best, AND is well made. If you are lucky enough to be able to fit into many manufacturers suits, you will have many good options. Otherwise, if a suit fits you well (snugly, no air pockets), check the stitching and the care in details and finish, ask questions, and then make your personal decision.

I have tried Henderson wetsuits in both 3 mm and 7 mm, and they do not fit me at all. I am petite, so they are way too long on me - not just overall length, but everywhere, since they are cut to fit.

The suit that fits me like a glove in 3mm and 7mm is Oceaner. The suit that fits me like a glove in 3mm, and in 7mm with a larger jacket (because although I am slim, my chest is large), is Bare.

Hope this helps... :)

Thanks for the reply Ayisha,
I already have a few grand invested in my dive gear, and will probably be investing more, even if I'm only a "vacation" diver. LP has "cold water" packages starting at $170 and the Henderson package a little over $400. Just wanted some more opinions. My 3 mil O'neil that I bought off the shelf online fits fine, so I might be OK for the off the shelf fit, just looking for more input, Christmas is getting close.
David

SunFishSarah:
I'll worry about staying warm when I get back to the other side of the Pacific next month.
S

I'm usually fine with cold(er)water, but I had to buy another layer just to keep me going in my Henderson. I love its feel, love its look, and from April until September I love it underwater. But theese days.....it's too damn cold. I wear a Henderson 7/5 with a 3mm Henderson hood/vest underneath, and now I added a 5mm Excel core warmer (knee length, no arms, no hood, one piece with zipper up the front). That's a lot of wetsuit.

Time to go dry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom