New wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So I just got back from diving in Vortex and Morrison Springs. I dove in the same rental 3mm J/J as last time. I bought some 5mm boots, and made it a point to get 5mm gloves as well. For a couple dives, I wore a hood. The hood made a big difference....but wasn't life/death. It was a little tight causing a headache, so I ditched it and was fine...but it DID take me a little longer to adjust to the temps. It was 68F in both, and I did 45+ minutes per dive. In fact, I did my rescue course which was a 30 min dive, another 90min in the water, out for 10min and then 30min back in the water...and I was fine.

Hollis is releasing a 7mm Semidry soon, and it looks GOOD. Only thing that worries me about it is I fear I might be too warm in it. I mean, I fear it may not give me as many options as a 5mm + a set of LavaCore.

I realized this past weekend (diving with dry guys) that dry suits aren't just about temperature. They got out wearing basketball shorts and a t-shirt, ready to get in the car and head home. Apart from wet hair (none of them wore hoods...something I'd def do) they showed no signs of having been diving. It took them about the same time to get into their DrySuits as me to squeeze into my j/j....and about the same to get out, but I had to run to the bathroom, change, dry off, run back, etc. BUT....the instructor's suit had a leak, he was miserable for the rest of the day.

Back
Top Bottom