New Wet Suit... Any Recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@oly5050 The problem is not the suit, but rather your skinny legs!! Do you actually know the poster physical dimensions??? Maybe his got average sized legs and the henderson will squeeze him according to your "experiences". I know a couple of skinny leg divers with SP suits and no issues. You must really have skinny legs!!

@oly5050 The problem is not the suit, but rather your skinny legs!! Do you actually know the poster physical dimensions??? Maybe his got average sized legs and the henderson will squeeze him according to your "experiences". I know a couple of skinny leg divers with SP suits and no issues. You must really have skinny legs!!
op wrote that he is not a big person and water moves around his arms inside the suit..Yeah my legs are not as large as when I was younger.Not much body fat at all.I like a wet suit to fit very snug for proper function.Some people would claim fir is ok,but for me if it is not really snug I look for something else.Different manufacturers have different cuts in their suits,so what does not fit in one model may in another.My 5mm scubapro suit fits ok,but the 3mm scubapro is not really tight enough in the lower leg to make me buy it.So I went with the henderson aqualock,which had a better fit for my body type. 5'11 weigh in at 168-170lbs.Medium henderson .Medium 5 mm scubapro..

You may want to snag a heated wetsuit vest if you've got the extra cash to spend. I added one to my 5/4, and I'm diving all winter now, something I never thought of before. It is certainly a nice little toy to have on those cold mornings. Check out HeatedWetsuits.Com. They don't have any wetsuits there, but you'll find the heated vests and some specs.

Thanx a lot for the different recommendations!
i looked at some of the suits that you guys recommended. this one brand really caught my eye... "WaterProof Men's W1 5MM Suit"
i've never heard of this company. does anyone know any pros and cons of this suit??

thankyou

Oh and to sort things out. i don't have any problems in the leg area. i usually wear boots and that holds that area fine. the suit fits on tight when dry... but like all wet suits when diving they stretch out... which then causes the water to mostly enter through the neck and wrist area whenever i move my arms or neck to look around

Thanx a lot for the different recommendations!
i looked at some of the suits that you guys recommended. this one brand really caught my eye... "WaterProof Men's W1 5MM Suit"
i've never heard of this company. does anyone know any pros and cons of this suit??

thankyou

I own the W1 7mm. What a great suit! Well made and warm. I would buy another Waterproof suit again. One thing about a front entry suit is the need to have someone pull the suit off your shoulders down to your elbows to get out of it. Too hard to get out of it by myself. I would consider getting the W2 if I were to do it all over again... If you decide to buy one, make sure you try it on before you buy it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom