new venture in online diving apparel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MNStarfish

Registered
Reaction score
My husband and I are considering starting an online dive apparel store. We have read all the information and heard many stories about dive shops loosing money and being pushed to sell certain brands. In this case we wont be selling BC's or regulators, so we anticipate being able to sell whatever we want. Also, because we wont have a physical shop to maintain, only warehouse/storeage issues, we were considering what we would sell.

I'm a plus size diver so I know there is a market there.
What else would women's specifically like to see?

Also any input on non women's apparel is okay too.

Hi. You might want to check out the postings under Scuba Fashion and Women gear as well. Good luck on your venture and do let us know.

Hi there!

Good luck on your venture. I'm a plus-size diver, too, and would love to see some more readily available wet suits in my size. It's so hard to find one!

Michelle

Not that I want to take away from any potential future sales, but have you tried
http://nrscatelog.com's

wetsuit section.
They carrying readymade suits through XXL as well as "Grizzly Men's" suits. I recently purchased a Grizzly Men's 3mm jacket (no legs which is what I wanted to mix and match with other peices I have).

They are marketed towards kayakers and white water rafting but they have good sales and I like the extra knee padding for clamouring on and off the boat which usually beats on my knees.

MNStarfish once bubbled...
Not that I want to take away from any potential future sales, but have you tried
http://nrscatelog.com's

wetsuit section.
They carrying readymade suits through XXL as well as "Grizzly Men's" suits. I recently purchased a Grizzly Men's 3mm jacket (no legs which is what I wanted to mix and match with other peices I have).

They are marketed towards kayakers and white water rafting but they have good sales and I like the extra knee padding for clamouring on and off the boat which usually beats on my knees.

I get a 404 error, but I've heard that suits designed for surface sports (kyacking, or surfing) aren't really very good for SCUBA. They're not designed for the repeated compression at depth the way SCUBA suits are.

Have you find that they hold up and still keep you warm?

Peace,
Cathie

i notice a quick alteration to http://nrscatalog.com seemed to work :wink:

I have actually found that my kayaker/white water rafting suit has held up much better then others have. The reinforced kneed havn't torn or pilled like others Ihave seen. I've had the johnie for 2 years.

Best of luck with your business venture.

I know I'd like to find after-dive wear that would fit a larger than average diver. I mainly shore dive; it'd be nice to find comfortable clothing to wear over a wet swimsuit and look presentable going to a restaurant. Often its a drag to try and change at the dive site. My buddy and I are usually ravenous after the second dive and I'm the one slowing us down to go eat.

Just an idea.

Aquagal

waterproof shoes! I seem to have a hard time finding them, most places only have a couple, and I would love to see a selection for once.

by this I mean real shoes, not like booties

Aquagal -- were you thinking short and shirts in women's sizes? Pants? Sarongas?

Mantarey -- were you thinking something other then a sandal? Non slip sole?

Thank you for the input!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom