New type of regulator designed for e-cig users

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually Sullivan5, I think it's a great idea. Very inventive and I'd like to offer some financial backing to help you get the project off the ground. I should have a sizable amount to invest any day now according to my new friend who is a Nigerian Prince.

You guys are pretty hard core on the kid. I think it could be a winner. I don't use e-cigs, but I do know people use them for flavors without nicotine. Combine that with the fact that there in the past were dive shops selling flavored scuba gas fills. If the device was attached in the LP hose or second stage it could also add some hydration to the dry air.

I think it's an okay idea. Totally an un-necessary gimmick like different colored scuba gear but that stuff sells just fine.

Sullivan5, you might want to look up patents for the Apollo Bio-Filter. I think that device was primarily intended to hydrate but the patents may get in the way of your idea (as patents often hinder innovation these days). Apollo Bio-Filter Regulator Moisture System

Thanks and I went throu some mental simulation with a set up for it attached to the Lp hose that most likely won't work I have a better disign tho that should work almost flawlessly

I have a better disign tho that should work almost flawlessly

the only difference between theory and practice is that in theory there is no difference. --Johannes Lambertus Adriana van de Snepscheut

as someone who occasionally uses e-cigs to nix the lingering oral fixation from smoking cigarets many years ago, i don’t see how this could be a good idea at all. heater element in a high pressure environment seems like a horrible idea, never mind the risk of coughing and setting the panic circle into motion. also you have to deal with the whole unit flooding out, while preventing any sort of shock hazard. also having PG and VG misting on a regulator device seems like it would require constant maintenance to keep from sticking.

once accident, let alone a fatality, and you'll have an argument of lawyers so far up your backside that your new best friend would be a proctologist.

also relevant, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Gv0H-vPoDc

This is why I asked for pepols opinion on it instead of going and creating one and selling it off the back

What's an e-cigarette? Are they anything like a Marlboro or an Old Gold? What does the 'e' stand for?

sooooo, lets again evaluate a planned combustion underwater.... if the guy with the heat packs was't enough to make you cringe, now this???

---------- Post added September 9th, 2015 at 12:41 PM ----------

and directly connect it to lung tissues...

:blessing::reaper:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom